PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Leon Washington is going to absolutely scorch this D#

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richard Seymour, Mike Vrable, Tedi Bruschi, Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy and Tebucky Jones disagree.

Mike Vrable was single handedly responsible for taking care of Faulk. He's gone. If theres someone on the roster now who could do that, It Mayo, and hes hurt. Thomas isn't fast enough, and while Guyton is, I'm not sure he could handle it yet.

New words of wisdom

Leon Washington is now Marshall Faulk.
:confused:

I was thinking that we should start the game with our 2-min offense... fly down the field, score big and fast, and immediately put the Jets behind.

I like that idea. Not only would it help Brady and the rest of the offense get into a rythym but it would limit the Jet's ability to substitute and help wear down their blitzers. That could pay dividends later in the game too.

On D, take away the RBs. Heavy inside and tight coverage out of the backfield. Blitz a lot, Sanchez won't be able to make purposeful completions if he's running out of the pocket. Their WRs aren't the best so single coverage won't be a big deal. Utilize the safeties upfront.

On O, we're going to get blitzed most of the game. Counter with screens, screens and more screens. We can forget about running the ball up the middle. It's just not going to work. Check down to Welker on every pass play.

OK, you have convinced me. The Bills gained yards on screens and that means that the fatal flaw of our team has been exposed. We will never be able to stop a screen, and will never win another game.
Finally, our WIN has proven to me that the dynasty is over. We won so badly that we can't possibly expect to beat a team that was 9-7 last year, fired their coach, have a rookie QB. Rex Ryan has a 1.000 winning percentage. I can only hope the game doesnt come down to coaching because our guy clearly proved to us last week he has lost it, and is incompetant.
All these years our defense really sucked, but the statistics and wins were smoke and mirrors. On top of that Richard Seymour was the whole defense, and we are the worst defense in the NFL without him.
I expect the Jets to win the next 15 SBs, how could I not after the way they dismantled those incredible Texans last week. And I'm looking forward to 2012 when we can maybe have rebuilt our entire roster and maybe win a game.
Wow, I feel better. I'm just going to keep repeating....we suck, we suck, we suck....then I'll feel wonderful

I don't mind outsiders picking against the Pats... makes me kinda nostalgic for the 2001-2004 era, a rather successful period. Man, nobody played the 'disrespected' card better than Rodney.... but I digress...

But the panic here on patsfans.com is out of place. Maybe Ian should start a second message board for patspanickers.com. I'll admit that I don't have 100% confidence in our defense yet, but 'yet' is a key word. My reasons for doubting are 1) the lack of NFL experience in our many rookies; 2) the lack of collective experience that this D# has as a unit with so many leaders gone and new faces in their place; and 3) Mayo being out 6-8 weeks. All of these will change with time, and I'm looking forward to watching the growth and improvement of the D over the course of the season.

We may lose some games in the coming weeks, and we may have to depend on our dynamic offense to bail us out of some losses, but I'm not panicking. I believe in the talent of our players as individuals, and in BBs ability to put together systems and schemes that will make the most of them. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

Many are legitimately concerned with the defense, and all your foolishness won't change that. I mean, it's not as if the Pats defense has been an impenetrable the last few years - and we've lost our two best guys in the past week. And TB146 to chastise posters then go on in the same post to bring up the identical concerns those posters have put forth is beyond silly. Just for the record, I don't agree, necessarily, with the threads premise - I do believe belichick will have some kind of answer, hopefully with the present personnel it will be enough.

Last edited:
After watching how easily Fred Jackson was able to turn the corner on us Monday Night, I shutter at the thought of what Washington will do.

Our front seven will have trouble sealing off the edge all season, and those quick little scat backs have been an issue for us the last few seasons. No Mayo, No Sey, I think we are in some serious trouble this week against the run. Washington is as dynamic as there is in the league when he gets the ball in space or bounces to the outside. Im expecting to see lots of nicle and dime packages because we simply dont have the speed to contain him up front.

Our O-line better get their act together quick (YEAH THAT MEANS YOU TODD LIGHT!)... because I have a feeling we are gonna need to put up at least 30 to get past the Boogers. I hate to say it... but I have a hard time picturing any offense hanging 30 on them if they play the way they did against Houston last week.

Yes... I am officially Panicking. :Bag-Over-Head:

I'm more worried about Crotchery getting open.

After watching how easily Fred Jackson was able to turn the corner on us Monday Night, I shutter at the thought of what Washington will do.

Our front seven will have trouble sealing off the edge all season, and those quick little scat backs have been an issue for us the last few seasons. No Mayo, No Sey, I think we are in some serious trouble this week against the run. Washington is as dynamic as there is in the league when he gets the ball in space or bounces to the outside. Im expecting to see lots of nicle and dime packages because we simply dont have the speed to contain him up front.

Our O-line better get their act together quick (YEAH THAT MEANS YOU TODD LIGHT!)... because I have a feeling we are gonna need to put up at least 30 to get past the Boogers. I hate to say it... but I have a hard time picturing any offense hanging 30 on them if they play the way they did against Houston last week.

Yes... I am officially Panicking. :Bag-Over-Head:

i hate it when people start these stupid threads. fred jackson did not run all over the pats D. He ran for only 55 yards or so and the team gave up less than 100 yards rushing. it was our pass defense that bothers me. part of our strategy that game was to take away TO and Evans. the jets don't have any deep threats like TO so look for them to employ single coverage on the receivers. to me the key is to stop keller.

I'm pretty confident that our D can handle the Jets. They don't have any WRs to speak of, so I think the Pats will be a lot more aggressive in taking away screens than they were against buffalo. It's their pass rush against our offensive line that worries me.

I'm pretty confident that our D can handle the Jets. They don't have any WRs to speak of, so I think the Pats will be a lot more aggressive in taking away screens than they were against buffalo. It's their pass rush against our offensive line that worries me.

They'll try to do it NYG SB style.
Dante/OL will have none of it...our TE's will pitch in and we'll use that aggressive force to their disadvantage.

Rex is all hype...like Mangina was.
He's all hot air.
Tom will let some of of that hot air out. Psssssssssssssssssssssssss

The pace of our offense will also dictate how tough they are towards the end of the game.
We can run and we can pass.

I don't think they'll be so tough in the end.

i hate it when people start these stupid threads. fred jackson did not run all over the pats D.

Funny... i hate it when people don't read threads before complaining about them. I never said he ran all over us. I said he was able to turn the corner pretty much at will. Which he was.

Last edited:
Leon is a beast

in the past few years, i've always found that the greater the worry on the board during the week the better the pats play that weekend.

Here's hoping that trend continues.

I can't believe someone actually started this thread.

I watched the entire Jets game. I wasn't that impressed. The Texans looked awful for almost the entire game; the pre-game preparation looked like it was done by Rachel Ray.

Johnson is a playmaker and he never got the ball.

Kris Jenkins was double teamed about 20% of the time. How many NFL centers are asked to block the NT one-on-one?

This is the first time I've seen an offensive line use "zoned out" blocking.

I could go on. I won't

I'm not that worried. Just remember - its J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets who the Pats will be playing.

I'm not that worried. Just remember - its J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets who the Pats will be playing.

Ahem,
jest.jpg

It would be naive not to worry about the LB's stopping not so much the run game but screen passes. They killed us and are what BB is expecting the Jets to be working on (or drawing them up atleast). I think the DL, which is new to the 4-3, will be brought up to speed on how to diagnose a screen pass development in real time this week and how to react accordingly; unless it is feasible without Mayo to go 3-4?

I was thinking that we should start the game with our 2-min offense... fly down the field, score big and fast, and immediately put the Jets behind.

Right...

like it will be that easy. :rolleyes:

Funny... i hate it when people don't read threads before complaining about them. I never said he ran all over us. I said he was able to turn the corner pretty much at will. Which he was.

You said he was able to turn the corner on us...which is the same thing.

Last edited:
The Jets worry is getting tiresome. The Jets are improved, but I just don't see the Pats losing this game. I'll be very disappointed if they do.

You said he was able to turn the corner on us...which is the same thing.

No... actually it's not even remotely close to the same thing.

If Washington is able to bounce it outside that easily, it could be much uglier. Washington >>>> Jackson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back