Status
Not open for further replies.

tajapandu

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Paris Lenon informed he's been cut

Says Reiss on Twitter

Re: Lenon to be cut

Elfin, Apparently, we won't always have Paris.

Damn it! I liked that sig line.

This might confirm the 4-3 as our majority alignment this season.

Re: Paris Lenon informed he's been cut

Could be a post-week 1 signing, but I hope not.

This might confirm the 4-3 as our majority alignment this season.
You may be correct, given the (lack of) depth at ILB now.

either that or the pats have already spotted someone on the wire who they will bring in.......

victor hobson got cut by the cards......LMFAO

so........alexander is the backup at ILB?

I have to give Alexander credit. He played an extremely solid game against the Giants 1st and 2nd stringers.

I hope the Pats look for someone to add, though.

I have to give Alexander credit. He played an extremely solid game against the Giants 1st and 2nd stringers.

I hope the Pats look for someone to add, though.

but they weren't throwing at him..........he's always been decent against the run, but totally inept at chasing TE's and RB's in coverage........he could suffice in a 2-down situation ala ted johnson.....just wish he were a big bigger if that's the case.......

maybe they'll move ninkovich inside.......

but they weren't throwing at him..........he's always been decent against the run, but totally inept at chasing TE's and RB's in coverage........he could suffice in a 2-down situation ala ted johnson.....just wish he were a big bigger if that's the case.......

Tanked - Not sure if you have the Giants game taped, but one of the reasons they weren't throwing at Alexander is that, when he was in coverage on Boss, Boss wasn't open. Alexander played him damn near perfect..

If you look back at my posts, I've been very critical of Alexander and thought that he shouldn't have even been re-signed. So, I am giving the kid credit where its due. Something seemed to have finally clicked because he played very well against the Giants. Both in coverage and against the run..

While that's somewhat true about Alexander, most of those times he was playing OLB; he wouldn't be as much of a liability against the pass at ILB in my opinion. And while Ninkovich does have certain skills, I can't imagine that he is better in pass coverage than Alexander.

Depth at ILB is much less critical than most positions. Unless we happen to have situation players at the position, our #3 ILB rarely ever sees the field. Our #2 ILB is only out there for half the plays. AD is also very capable to move inside.
I suppose its possible BB has decide to reverse 8 years of acqiring players better suited to a 34, anything is possible, but I don't see it as likely, based on the history.

i hope they're bringing in another ILB candidate......the thought of Eric Alexander playing linebacker for this team gives me nightmares.

i just seem to have an aberational,inexplicable,dislike for this guy.Even typing his name triggers my gag-reflux.

......I'm going to therapy,now:eek:

Tanked - Not sure if you have the Giants game taped, but one of the reasons they weren't throwing at Alexander is that, when he was in coverage on Boss, Boss wasn't open. Alexander played him damn near perfect..

If you look back at my posts, I've been very critical of Alexander and thought that he shouldn't have even been re-signed. So, I am giving the kid credit where its due. Something seemed to have finally clicked because he played very well against the Giants. Both in coverage and against the run..

that's impossible to surmise from the game since the pats DB's did so poorly they didnt even waste their time with the short routes......I watched the game a couple of times.....I guess it is possible to engineer that opinion, but that's not what I saw

A positive step towards Ninkovich staying around.

Depth at ILB is much less critical than most positions. Unless we happen to have situation players at the position, our #3 ILB rarely ever sees the field. Our #2 ILB is only out there for half the plays. AD is also very capable to move inside.
I suppose its possible BB has decide to reverse 8 years of acqiring players better suited to a 34, anything is possible, but I don't see it as likely, based on the history.

I agree. I think that AD at ILB and Ninkovich at OLB is a better combination than Lennon and AD. IMO, Lenon looked real bad Thursday night and him being cut is not at all a surprise. I do expect a significant amount of 4-3 though due to the lack of depth at all LB positions and considering that Burgess hasn't played any OLB.

Too bad, I had some hopes for Lenon when they signed him. Wasn't expecting him to be Ray Lewis, but I was hoping he'd be nice depth. Oh well... Pick your logo, Paris, arrowhead or horse, LOL...

Elfin, Apparently, we won't always have Paris.

First Harrison...now Lenon......
and we haven't had a Starr-ing since 1986
and never a Mccartney

Last edited:

but they weren't throwing at him..........he's always been decent against the run, but totally inept at chasing TE's and RB's in coverage

I assume this perception goes back to the 2006 AFCCG, when he was asked to come in cold and handle Dallas Clark and Fletcher in single coverage, each of whom is basically a WR. Even so, he was only a half-step behind and was victimized by PERFECT throws. I have no idea if Alexander can produce if called upon, but that game did not show that he is terrible in coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes