Welcome to PatsFans.com

Leno out and Conan In.

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by IcyPatriot, May 31, 2009.

?

Leno vs Conan

1. Like Leno and Like Conan

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Like Leno DO NOT like Conan

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. DO NOT Like Leno or Conan

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Who Cares ... when is Patriots Training Camp?

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +549 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

I'm not a regular watcher but I like Leno ... watching perhaps 1-2 times a week. I don't think he's the funniest guy out there but I like how he ran his show. So now Conan takes over. I've tried watching Conan ... and I tried and I tried ... just don't really like him. i know his show is geared towards a younger audience and now he will change and fine tune for a more matur audience ... But I liked Leno --- liked Johnny Carson before him.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2009
  2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I feel your pain, were to old, they don't care about us any longer. :(
    Last edited: May 31, 2009
  3. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +549 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

:itsok: ... I'm being phased out ... :mad:
    Last edited: May 31, 2009
  4. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

No we're being CUT!!!!
  5. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Leno's monologue material grew stale as the week wore on(same joke over and over) but his bits were pretty funny...he knew how to work people to make them interesting and turn normal people into comic gold.

Conan never really looked comfortable up on the stage alone, but once he sat down and interacted with Max, his writers/segment performers, and his guests he came out of his shell...but only so far, he still seemed pretty tight lipped and nervous.

I don't think Conan will be successful in the 11:35 slot as he was in the 12:35 slot though...his material just doesn't translate well to the earlier audience as his college age humor won't go over well with the older audience at that time.
  6. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Where'e the "Hate Leno, Like Conan" option? That's me. I think Leno is an unfunny dirtbag.
  7. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Not really a fan of Leno - I loved Conan though. To bad the poll doesn't have this choice :(
  8. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I was just going to post the same thing. Leno is such a hack. Even though he, Belichick and I all went to high school in Andover :D. What I really like about Conan is he keeps his political bias out of his show. Something Leno, Letterman and Craig Ferguson just can't seem to do.
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  9. Pats Fanatic

Pats Fanatic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -3

#54 Jersey

I've always been a Letterman fan and am still peeved at NBC for passing over Letterman with Leno. So to answer your question neither one.
  10. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 2 / -0

I agree. Most of the time watching Leno I'd just say to myself "That's supposed to be Funny?"

The only thing I liked were the headlines - and that's not even him.

Conan takes chances, and misses, but when he hits, he hits well. We'll see if Conan tones it down a bit for the Tonight Show - though he says he won't.

Hey, maybe Letterman winds up finally getting his due anyway - he's the original in my book, with Conan trying to "be" Letterman (though I think he does a pretty good job overall.)
  11. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -1

#12 Jersey

like Conan, Leno kinda sucks.
  12. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Great opening sequence that poked fun at himself.

Didn't notice much of a difference between how he usually started off Late Night and how he started off the Tonight Show, same kind of banter and self deprecating humor he always did and with the same folks he had back in New York it's just the same old same old with him. He kept the opening monologue joke short and kept up his usual post joke face and hair touching intact...

Even the nightly skit was out of what he had done in the past, with him in an unfamiliar job making jokes and interacting with normal folks.

His interviewing style is still awkward and not really on the level of others but he at least lets them talk rather than talking over them like Leno and Letterman do.

Tomorrow should provide more about how he will do, if he stays with what made him famous in Late Night or if he follows in Leno and others' footsteps and goes for the topic of the day jokes that grow stale over the week...
  13. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +549 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

My bad PJ ... oops. :confused:
  14. Michael

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I expected it to be the same show so no surprise there. Nice to see the big studio though. Odd you find his "interviewing style...awkward and not really on the level of others.". I have always felt that was his strong suit. That he wasn't awkward and could talk to anybody. I've never heard him stumble over words as Leno did every night. And never saw him uncomfortable with a guest as Letterman often is.
  15. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Not so much as stumbling with words as stumbling with questions that make him seem awkward...almost like he is trying not to ask anything that might offend the guest and while also trying to be funny.

He was a writer and not a performer, the other two were stand up comics before hitting it big...interviewing is just an extension of their acts, it comes better for them than it does for Conan...
  16. Michael

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Well, I still see don't see it. All these shows have a pre-interview anyway. And the questions are written ahead of time to bring up the stories or plugs the guest wants to discuss. That's why they all have that card on their desk they are glancing down at all the time.