Lengthy Globe article with lots of Belichick quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Belichick, always prepared, man with NFL draft plans - The Boston Globe

It doesn't say when or where the quotes came from but it's a good article, well worth the read :

"We traded for Corey Dillon prior to the draft in '04. We traded for Randy Moss during the draft two years ago, so I wouldn't rule anything out . . . So, what about acquiring Carolina Panthers disenfranchised franchise player/premiere pass rusher Julius Peppers? "I think I answered that question," Belichick said."

"There is no question, however, about who is going to be Belichick's quarterback this season, as the coach said that Tom Brady, coming back from a torn ACL and a torn MCL in his left knee, "is working in the offseason program now without any limitations."

This can't possibly be right:

"Despite bringing in Taylor and at least one mock draft predicting the Patriots take a running back in the first round, Belichick isn't writing off Laurence Maroney just yet.

"I have a lot of confidence in Laurence," he said when asked about Maroney, who has been injured and inconsistent in his first three NFL seasons."

Unless of course it's a pre trade smokescreen...:ugh: :rolleyes:

This can't possibly be right...

Haha, could be. Maybe he's a deal sweetener like Vrabes was. OR maybe he got some stuff sorted out in the off-season. I would happily admit it was a good move to hang on to him if he's got things sorted out.

the coach said that Tom Brady, coming back from a torn ACL and a torn MCL in his left knee, "is working in the offseason program now without any limitations."

Ha! What does he know? Me, I rely on investigative sports journalists like Tom Curran for the truth.

This quote is a pretty impressive statistic:

"Since 2000, the Patriots have drafted 77 players. More than half, 42, are still in the NFL and 27 are still with the Patriots"

If you combine this with the value we have received for many of the picks we have traded, it impresses even more.

"Despite bringing in Taylor and at least one mock draft predicting the Patriots take a running back in the first round, Belichick isn't writing off Laurence Maroney just yet.

"I have a lot of confidence in Laurence," he said when asked about Maroney, who has been injured and inconsistent in his first three NFL seasons."

Not a glowing endorsement. Vanilla at best.
DW Toys

Not a glowing endorsement. Vanilla at best.
DW Toys

Exactly. BB says that type of thing about everyone who's still on the team, unless he REALLY doesn't like them (then he says as little as possible). It basically puts Laurence somewhere between "solid player" and "it would be impractical to cut him at this particular moment" in BB speech.

This is what is wrong with journalism today.
This guy actually wrote "Despite....one mock draft predicting the Patriots take a running back.....Belichick isnt writing off Laurence Maroney"
As if someone's mock draft is evidence.

""We traded for Corey Dillon prior to the draft in '04. We traded for Randy Moss during the draft two years ago, so I wouldn't rule anything out . . . So, what about acquiring Carolina Panthers disenfranchised franchise player/premiere pass rusher Julius Peppers?

"I think I answered that question," Belichick said."

Gotta love that answer:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes