Welcome to PatsFans.com

LenDale White

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Remix 6, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

OMG read KFFL.com

Jason Cole, writing for NBCSports.com, reports USC RB LenDale White is being mentioned in the same company as free agent RB Maurice Clarett. An NFL exeutive said, "We had one of our scouts go up and ask him what was going on (after White didn't run). The kid said his hamstring was tight or something like that. Then we tried to find out when he was going to run and he didn't know. It didn't even sound like he was going to run. What does this kid think?" A former USC offensive player who once was a teammate of White's said, "The guy can play, but he just gets by. He coasted in practice and he coasted in the offseason. He came in thinking he just had to put in his time and that's what you see now." The teammate added that the things White was able to do was because he played next to RB Reggie Bush and the other guys around him. He added that White would be amazing if he really worked at it.

Jason Cole, writing for NBCSports.com, reports USC RB LenDale White wore a loose-fitting warm-up suit during his Pro Day in an effort to not show much of his body. He drew audible groans from NFL scouts at the NFL Combine when he showed his chest. After seeing White at the NFL Combine, one NFL general manager said, "The guy needed a bra, it was ridiculous. You come to the combine looking like that and you want to be a first-round pick? Come on. The guy had obviously been doing nothing."

Out of shape? Damn if this is all true..then kid really gets lazy. I wouldnt want him after reading this. I knew his work ethic wasnt that good but going as far as not preparing well? A slap in the face
  2. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Yeah, that's what we need, a running back with a Manziere.

There were actual audible groans?!?!? at the Combine and then came in at his pro day heavier?!??! WTF? :rofl:
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2006
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +246 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

I wonder if they guy is off our board entirely. It wouldn't surprise me.
  4. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +211 / 14 / -2

I would expect that he has been off since the first investigation of his work habits.

5. tombonneau

tombonneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I've been a Lendale backer for awhile, but this is just getting ridiculous. Basically, at this point, you're drafting Lendale hoping your coaching staff can motivate him and force him to get his **** together. Or you're hoping that he is a "gamer" that will workout when necessary and get into game shape for the season.

Either way, its not the type of gamble you like to take in the first round.

Right now, I'm praying the Panthers take him in the mid-20s, bc I will be pissed if the Stillers snag him at 32 and he becomes a stud ............
  6. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +211 / 14 / -2

Do we believe that we will be able to come to terms with Seymour before the season starts. Do you expect him to calmly play for $2M, with expectation of a $9M franchise tag next year?
    ------------------------------------
    I think that a DL is quite possible in the first. And BTW, are we all sure Hill will amount to anything?
  7. BionicPatriot

BionicPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

When did this guy ever create problems at USC? So he didn't run because he was hurt, understandable, why kill his draft status? I guess you guys want workout warriors more than great players. I don't ever remember hearing White being a disturbance to USC, and all I remember is White runniong around and thru that Texas defense.
  8. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +414 / 5 / -9

#61 Jersey

They had him in the studio on NFL Network today and he really came across like a vacant dummy. He talked about how he plans to work "real hard" in the NFL, sounding like he's trying to convince people that he's turned over a new leaf. One of the draft gurus said he's looking more and more like a second-rounder.
  9. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Ditto, he had two huge opportunities, and he just didn't seem to care. I just dunno man.

Attached Files:

10. tombonneau

tombonneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Dare I posit ....

To the Texans at 2.01. ;)
  11. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

That's kind of how I feel. BB could make him a player but at some point you have to wonder if it's worth the effort. I'm not enamored with any of the other backs that might fall to us because of their size which is dissapointing. It might be thatCorey's under study isn't going to come out of this draft.
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2006
  12. mavfan2390

mavfan2390 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

nope, but faulks might, let me hear you say maurice, maurice, maurice, (or addai haha)
  13. cubedoggy

cubedoggy Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Why do you think he came out this year? He could've gone back to 'SC... :rolleyes:
  14. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

he was a disturbance a few times.

He got suspended for a game for something like skipping classes or not showing up to practice. he only did 15 reps for a 244 guy while the punter did 14 and hes a lot smaller. it says that he was scared to show chest because hes got man boobs..man! came in weighting more than usual. sounds like he hasnt work out..hasnt prepared and probably wasnt hurt to run..just had to get back in shape.
  15. Brady'sButtBoy

Brady'sButtBoy Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 3 / -1

Here's all you need to know about why Reggie Bush will star and White could be a dud-

Bush did every possible drill for scouts at the USC pro day and then also served as a receiver for Leinart's passing drills. He wasn't worried about showing a flaw as a pass catcher, Bush wanted to help out a teammate and show the scouts he was determined to be a well rounded running back. After running a sizzling 4.3 40 yard dash, Bush said, "I would have liked to have run a little faster -- I thought I could push a 4.29 out there, a 4.3-flat," he said. "This part of it is just trying to separate yourselves from the pack."

Contrast that with White who showed up overweight wouldn't run the 40 (claiming a sore hammy) and only managed 15 reps of the bench press. White said, "You can tell from the film what somebody can do and what they can't do. Now, when you come out here, that can help you – they want to see how fast you are. But these guys, they're not stupid at all. They know exactly what's going on. If they need me to come out and work out for them or whatever, I will do that for them. But these guys know football. I'm just going to relax and whatever happens happens."

The last two lines of each guy's comments say it all. Which guy would you want?
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2006
  16. bucky

bucky Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is really disappointing. I thought the guy could be a very good RB, but if he's not motivated to make millions in the draft process right now, I don't think anything's going to motivate this guy.
  17. Digger44

Digger44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

It amazes me how there are a bunch of White supporters for the 1st round pick and when there is one piece of negative media, everybody jumps off the ship. Did anyone ever see him have conditioning issues in school? This is the first I have heard of it. Oh sure, anybody can now go back and dig up info, but the info was not an issue before. One month ago, some had him going to the Packers at #5. I think the comparison to Clarrett is retarded. White hase never had the character issues of Clarrett. The day after the Rose Bowl, all teams wanted a shot at this guy and now all hate him. He didn't fall apart in 3 months. I give him the benefit of the doubt with the hammy thing. Do I want him @ #21? No, never have. IMO a would rather address LB or DB. But give me a break on the White bashing just because the media digs up a juicy slant of a story.
  18. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +246 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

This isn't one piece of negative news. This is an entire offseason of crap from the guy. He looked fat at the combine and fatter a month later.
  19. Digger44

Digger44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

OK so this is the first time this has happened in his career. Why can't it be a hammy? I have pulled one and it takes a while to get it back and I am not an athlete. There was also a lot of criticism on Wilfork for conditioning. Why did he fall to 21?
  20. Armen Da Pats Fan

Armen Da Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I think a lot of it had to do with his combine performance...

Despite being bigger than Reggie Bush, Bush outlifted him...

Then he had some social interaction issues at one of these NFL Scouting mixers...

I am not sure all the bad rap on LenDale is justified, but he does seem to be digging a little hole for himself...

ADPF