PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LenDale White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdubh3

Rookie
Reaction score
I think with all of the signings/trades yesterday, its pretty safe to say that the Patriots could very easily go on the clock with a choice between LenDale White, DeAngelo Williams, and L. Maroney. Playing the style of football that they play, I would think that LenDale would be the best fit. He is a bruising back who has the ability to outrun LBs. He would be my pick of the 3. There have been suggestions of character issues, but I think that they are not all that accurate. I think he is the best NFL back in this years Draft. Reggie Bush is more of a third down back.... or a Colts back whatever you want to call it. None the less, if you want to go between the tackles like real NFL teams do, I think LenDale is the RB you pick no matter where you draft in round 1.

I personally feel it depends a lot on the particular team as far as what style they prefer. White is definitely the bruiser of the three, but the other two are definitely flashier/shiftier. Since the Patriots like to use the RB as a receiver out of the backfield, I think that moved Maroney off the list. I'd be happy with either of the other two.

I would love it if White was there when we picked. He is the perfect back for our system and we would ease him into duty as Dillon gets more miles on those tires.

My main thought though would be - if it came down to choosing between one of these RBs (say White and Williams were available) or someone like Bobby Carpenter who can play ILB or OLB, who would you prefer?

Tough question I think. I suppose you could say that the draft is deeper at LB, so we could have a better shot at getting a good LB or two in rounds 2 and 3. But, if some of these RBs fall down to 21, that likely makes the odds pretty good of being able to get a guy like Joseph Addai in round 2.

So, which is better - Bobby Carpenter ILB/OLB (or other LB you like around there) round 1 and Joseph Addai RB round 2, or White/Williams RB in round 1, and a round 2 LB?

I don't like Lendale that much, he forgets he's a power back sometimes, and goes into shift around mode. Plus he has weight issues. DeAngelo Williams is like a mix of Maroney and White, he has SUPERB vision, the only recent back I can think of with his vision is Emmit Smith. (I watched a lot of his games since I'm a UTEP fan, and he happened to be in Conference USA) I'm dead serious. Williams can break tackles, but also has breakaway speed. He had 2000 yards on the ground playing with his third string quarterback. That says a lot. My running back ratings:

Williams= Emmit Smith
Bush= Marshall Faulk
White= poor man's dillon
Maroney= poor man's portis
Addai= Domanick Davis

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes