PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lendale White w/ a torn hammy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:confused:

This should increase his value as it shows why he's had some of his problems. It doesn't explain everything, like a questionable attitude and also a weight gain dating back to the national championship game, but this doesn't make him a head case or anything as you seem to be suggesting.

I don't buy it. First of all, the diagnosis was made by a chiropractor. Now don't get me wrong, I'm in debt to a chiropractor for allowing me to live pain free about a decade ago, but it's not someone who I'd listen to concerning a torn hamstring.

Secondly, If White had a leg injury, he would have mentioned it at his Pro Day. "I'm not running today because of a leg injury" is a whole lot preferable to telling scouts "I'm not running", and then two weeks later come up with the reason why you didn't run, after seeing your attitude and preparation come into question.

His stock is way down, so almost certianly the Broncos will take him in the second round. Now if I only could get myself believing the Colts would take him in the first.

dryheat44 said:
Secondly, If White had a leg injury, he would have mentioned it at his Pro Day. "I'm not running today because of a leg injury" is a whole lot preferable to telling scouts "I'm not running", and then two weeks later come up with the reason why you didn't run, after seeing your attitude and preparation come into question.
Uh, at his Pro Day he DID say he wasn't running due to an injured hamstring.

big mike said:
Uh, at his Pro Day he DID say he wasn't running due to an injured hamstring.

I don't recall that ever being reported, but if you say so, I'll withdraw that line of thinking.

I still think it's far, far more likely that his agent contacted a "doctor" friend of his to cook up the story.

Edit: I do see now that Brandt does have that. I don't recall seeing it the day after the Pro-Day when I was looking for the results. It's possible I just missed it.

Last edited:
The only thing that I read was that he had a 'tight' hammy and was afraid of injuring it. Not that he was already injured. NFL Network was told by White that he wasn't running because his leg tightened up in warm-ups.

Others like Brandt (it appears) he told that his hammy was pulled(??????).

If that were true methinks you would have heard it more clearly at the time.

Can't defend this athlete or his agent, if he has one........

I bet the Steelers take him at 32 because:

a) they're not too worried about weight as long as the back is productive (like the Bus), (b) they only need him on a part time basis as a rookie, and (c) having drafted him in Rd 1, they could potentially get an extra year out of the rookie contract, similar to what the Pats did with Watson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back