Welcome to PatsFans.com

Lendale White w/ a torn hammy!

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by stevedogc, Apr 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevedogc

stevedogc Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +788 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

:confused:

This should increase his value as it shows why he's had some of his problems. It doesn't explain everything, like a questionable attitude and also a weight gain dating back to the national championship game, but this doesn't make him a head case or anything as you seem to be suggesting.

3. dryheat44

dryheat44 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

I don't buy it. First of all, the diagnosis was made by a chiropractor. Now don't get me wrong, I'm in debt to a chiropractor for allowing me to live pain free about a decade ago, but it's not someone who I'd listen to concerning a torn hamstring.

Secondly, If White had a leg injury, he would have mentioned it at his Pro Day. "I'm not running today because of a leg injury" is a whole lot preferable to telling scouts "I'm not running", and then two weeks later come up with the reason why you didn't run, after seeing your attitude and preparation come into question.

4. 14thDragon

14thDragon Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

His stock is way down, so almost certianly the Broncos will take him in the second round. Now if I only could get myself believing the Colts would take him in the first.

5. big mike

big mike Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Uh, at his Pro Day he DID say he wasn't running due to an injured hamstring.

6. dryheat44

dryheat44 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

I don't recall that ever being reported, but if you say so, I'll withdraw that line of thinking.

I still think it's far, far more likely that his agent contacted a "doctor" friend of his to cook up the story.

Edit: I do see now that Brandt does have that. I don't recall seeing it the day after the Pro-Day when I was looking for the results. It's possible I just missed it.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2006
  7. Clonamery

Clonamery PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -1

The only thing that I read was that he had a 'tight' hammy and was afraid of injuring it. Not that he was already injured. NFL Network was told by White that he wasn't running because his leg tightened up in warm-ups.

Others like Brandt (it appears) he told that his hammy was pulled(??????).

If that were true methinks you would have heard it more clearly at the time.

Can't defend this athlete or his agent, if he has one........

8. bucky

bucky 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I bet the Steelers take him at 32 because:

a) they're not too worried about weight as long as the back is productive (like the Bus), (b) they only need him on a part time basis as a rookie, and (c) having drafted him in Rd 1, they could potentially get an extra year out of the rookie contract, similar to what the Pats did with Watson.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.