PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LeGarrette Blount alleged scheme to reunite with Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blount denied knowing anything. He was just pissed that he was under-utilized and when he got ZERO carries in a close loss to a bad team, he snapped. And showed it by walking off the field. He was cut the next day.

Did he know he was going to get cut for walking off the field? I don't think so. I think it was just a genuine action showing that he was pissed off. And the Pats resigning Blount so soon?

I think that's more BB just being alert about everything and the fact that Blount fit in so well with the team before he left in free agency.

The Pittsburgh beat writer who first floated this theory a couple months ago should sue the Yahoo writer for theft of intellectual property, as much of an oxymoron that phrase is in this case.

Waivers.

Every single NFL team had a chance to sign Blount before the Patriots did so.

#blountgate

I can imagine BB behind the scenes is telling all his players to just...

smile-and-wave-boys.gif

So tired of the media circus I can't even express it in words.....

Everything that gets too popular turns to **** - just look at mainstream music, television, movies, everything nowadays....

The NFL is well on its way

He cut himself? And then didn't put in a waiver claim 30 times or whatever?

Whoever floated this theory without realizing the waiver rule should be completely embarrassed. It floors me that you can just toss anything you want out there and you don't need to feel stupid when you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

I 100% believe Blount schemed his way out of Pitt. He was pissed with his role and the team, iirc, wasn't looking so hot at the time.

I'd want out too.

He still has to clear waivers of nearly every team before making it to us, and even then we didn't claim him, leaving another one of two behind us. Some of those teams were VERY RB needy, such as the Colts, Vikings, and Browns.

Did he get himself out? Most likely yes. Did he want to come back here if he cleared waivers? Most likely yes.

I'm glad he got out, cleared waivers, and came back here. Making this a story is ****ing stupid, though, even if it was his long term (well, short term) goal.

Whoever floated this theory without realizing the waiver rule should be completely embarrassed. It floors me that you can just toss anything you want out there and you don't need to feel stupid when you clearly don't know what you are talking about.
Charles Robinson Sr. NFL investigative reporter for Yahoo.

Belichick is using 40% of his brain.

Are you suggesting that BB is using BED's (brain enhancing drugs)? How else do you explain the 30% improvement in one lifetime?

The Pittsburgh beat writer who first floated this theory a couple months ago should sue the Yahoo writer for theft of intellectual property, as much of an oxymoron that phrase is in this case.

Waivers.

Every single NFL team had a chance to sign Blount before the Patriots did so.

Intellectual property requires some measure of intellect.

How sweet is it that we-can't-run Indy didn't pick him up off the waiver wire?

The fact that the Colts didn't pick him up off waivers is icing on the very delicious cake.

1st round pick Trent Richardson a healthy scratch.

Even better: as a result of whatever happened, he was suspended by the team.

He also has to use his Jedi mind tricks to get Tomlin to release him. Players have walked off before and only got suspended, so certainly not a given. However, BB is one of the senior members of the Jedi council so....
"This is not the running back you are looking for"

http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/2015/01/second-guessing-blount-decision.html
Blount exited the field just a few seconds early, as the Steelers were taking a knee to end the game. That, in itself, could have been excused.

But Blount then quickly dressed and went to the team bus, not waiting for Tomlin to speak to the team. And when coach Joey Porter and teammate Mike Mitchell tried to coax him off the bus, he did so grudgingly.

Belichick: Make sure that you only walk off the field during the final seconds of the game. Maybe during the victory formation. I mean why make it easy on ourselves? Having you walk off the field with say 5 minutes left only guarantees that you get fired and where's the fun in that? Plus this way we get to maximize the chances that another desperate team might actually not label you a malcontent while at the same time maximizing the chances that someone decides to take a chance on you and pick you up off of waivers. Again, why make this a sure thing? Oh and remember, when you get asked to come back in off your sulk on the team bus, allow yourself to be convinced to rejoin your teammates because again we really want to play up those odds that the Steelers don't actually fire you.

Blount: Yes, Boss.

Last edited:
#Monkeypuppetgate

I know...of all the possible stuffed animals that Belichick could've said, an old Teddy bear that he had as a kid, Mickey Mouse, etc--he had to give the strangest answer ever that makes him come off as a straight up weirdo. LOL

The one question that really threw him off his game.

People who mention waivers are only getting part of the point.

The other point is that the Pats didn't claim him off of waivers either, instead signing him to a new contract which was less favorable to him than the old one.

Not that I've checked the numbers, but I think the transaction cost him a lot of money.

Miguel??? :)

An investigative reporter who didn't bother to invesigate the rules of passing through waivers.

Yahoo must have a very low bar indeed.

Oh, they are the worst.

I think yahoo sports is much worse than say, bleacher report. At least B/R has people who are actual fans, even if they're amateur writers. All yahoo sports has are amateur writers, without the same kind of knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back