PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Legal Tampering Period News

Beggars can't be choosy ;)

sure they can...they can choose to starve...or choose to turn to robbery...or lie their way into the king's kitchen under the pretense that they are the eggmen...they can choose which streets to beg on...which days to beg...which people they prefer to beg off of...or they can choose to just kill themselves and rid the world of their pathetic mewlings,caterwaulings,lamentations and destitution.

That being said...uh...you think you could front me a few bucks until next week, Supa?

I don't understand why so many people are ignoring the fact that Nicks gave up on his team. He does all the stuff a lot of people complained about Randy Moss doing, with no where near the talent. He's no iron man either. Lazy and injury prone. Yup, sound great. I'm sure he'll try really hard on a one year deal because of free agency. Just like last season..

when your team starts off 0-6 and your playing for a hard ***** like Tom Coughlin in a media crazy town like new York with a QB that throw 27 INT's its hard not to get a lil down and look lazy,

and for all the heat the guy is taking he only missed one game and averaged 16 yards per catch when was the last time the pats had a WR average 16 yards per catch with over 50 rec. no I don't think he is a star WR but he would give the pats someone on the outside that teams would have to respect and it would open up the field for all the drop off passes the pats run to the slot and 3rd down back,

I don't think the pats should brake the bank for him or any WR but if the pats can get him at a good deal for a year his worth a look IMO

when your team starts off 0-6 and your playing for a hard ***** like Tom Coughlin in a media crazy town like new York with a QB that throw 27 INT's its hard not to get a lil down and look lazy,

and for all the heat the guy is taking he only missed one game and averaged 16 yards per catch when was the last time the pats had a WR average 16 yards per catch with over 50 rec. no I don't think he is a star WR but he would give the pats someone on the outside that teams would have to respect and it would open up the field for all the drop off passes the pats run to the slot and 3rd down back,

I don't think the pats should brake the bank for him or any WR but if the pats can get him at a good deal for a year his worth a look IMO

Plently of other players, including WRs were dealing with the same crap QB and hard-ass coach.

I know he's talented, but this team has two young wideouts that don't need this sort of attitude around them. Nicks supposedly had multiple fines for being late to meetings, which is just a big problem for Belicheck as it is Coughlin. He's also allergic to the endzone, which doesn't help New england much. Before you blame only Eli and the Giants offense, watch some tape of Nicks in the redzone. The guy clearly didn't want to give an effort.

Rotten eggs make a bad Omelet, no matter the price.

Legal Tampering Period News

Michael Johnson is in "heavy negotiations" with a "few teams

Somehow i feel "not so fresh" reading the beginning of this thread.

Nicks, when healthy, is a legitimate WR1 and is capable of running every route in the playbook. Him at flanker, Dobson at split end, Amendola/Edelman out of the slot is an instant upgrade. I would absolutely take him on a one year deal.

Browns interested in Edelman

Jared Allen to choose between 5 teams, vikings not among them. They will be a contender.

Packers talking to Lamarr Houston.

and
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m
DE Everson Griffen is re-signing with the Vikings on a huge 5-year deal, per source

We had Dobson and Edelman as the wideouts, and Amendola at the slot.

What you seem to be saying is that Nicks is "an instant upgrade" over Edelman. I agree. I'm sure that others would see the situation that way.

Nicks, when healthy, is a legitimate WR1 and is capable of running every route in the playbook. Him at flanker, Dobson at split end, Amendola/Edelman out of the slot is an instant upgrade. I would absolutely take him on a one year deal.

According to @jwyattsports, contenders for Verner include, Jets, Vikings, Rams, Lions, and Steelers. And Giants, of course. #NYG

Plan A is Talib
Plan B was Grimes
Plan C was Shields
Plan D is/was Verner
Plan E...Vontae Davis?

I still refuse to cave in to the dreaded draft a CB in round 1 plan.

Griffen got $42.5m and $20m guaranteed. He's only ever had 8 sacks in a season. We need to stay out of the first day of free agency, there's no value in it. Everyone is overpaying.

For comparison, Ninkovich's extension was $15m and $8.5m guaranteed (and Nink is a better player but with similar production)

Griffen got $42.5m and $20m guaranteed. He's only ever had 8 sacks in a season. We need to stay out of the first day of free agency, there's no value in it. Everyone is overpaying.

For comparison, Ninkovich's extension was $15m and $8.5m guaranteed (and Nink is a better player but with similar production)

That's crazy money for Griffen. What will Johnson, Bennett and Houston get? 4/50 with 25 guaranteed?

I feel bad for players locked into contracts right now - Shields and now Griffen...this is stupid money.

That's crazy money for Griffen. What will Johnson, Bennett and Houston get? 4/50 with 25 guaranteed?

I feel bad for players locked into contracts right now - Shields and now Griffen...this is stupid money.
I saw one estimate that put Johnson over $10M a season. Yikes. We better enjoy these two years for a combined $4.83M cap hit from Chandler Jones.

I don't feel bad for players locked into contracts. Players signed in the market that they are in. The could have gambled and signed short-term contracts and waited for the time when the cap was again increasing by large amounts every year. The low cap was not going to last forever.

This year is like the old days. The first week of free agency will bring out those who are willing to overpay. A few players will get lucky. Then the market will settle down. The hard part of free agency and the most important part was always signing your own, at least it has been for the patriots. The patriots might be out looking for a bargain at the top, but that is relatively rare. Make no mistake. The patriots will sign lots of free agents.

HOWEVER, it was last year when the value was there (the year BEFORE the big increases resumed).

Verner says he'll sign with a team shortly after FA starts, he likely has a deal in place already.

That Griffen contract is atrocious.

Verner says he'll sign with a team shortly after FA starts, he likely has a deal in place already.

With the amount of teams reportedly after him he's gonna get paid. Must be at least 10m a year.

It's interesting that all we've heard about Talib in comparison is that the Skins might make a play at him. Is that indicative that his market is much less or that teams expect him to sign back with the Pats? Either way it gives me a bit of hope.

Verner is probably a Jet then, they cut Cromartie and were speaking with Verner yesterday.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back