PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Legal Q&A on moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard on D & C, not all that reliable, but they are hearing that she hurt her hand in a moment of intimacy..i.e. doing the wild thing, and it was allegedly accidental.

This is sort of what I was speculating in the other thread. That something close to the truth would be she got injured in a way that would reveal she has a sexual relationship with Moss. She said she thought she needed to go to the hospital. He said something like, "if you do that people will find out about you and me, do you have to?" When he got back to Boston, she had found a lawyer who called him or his lawyer and demanded money, and when he said no she filed a restraining order even though she has absolutely no fear whatsoever that he's going to do her harm and not even her application really makes out a case for that.

And, the more that I think about it, the more I think her lawyer was involved in the application. You'll notice that it's written in legalese in places. It also doesn't in any way identify Moss as the NE player, which I now believe was probably deliberate.

The duty judges in Broward county get about 20 of these a day -- you can tell that just by looking at the case number. It's 08-315, which means it was the 315th application filed in 08, even though it was only Jan. 14. They basically rubber stamp these. I bet if she'd written "New England Patriots Football Player," the judge would have paid it a lot more attention and been a bit more curious about the lack fo detail for why she needed a restraining order for a guy 1,000 miles away. Very devious. I think even the "West Virginia or Florida" or whatever she put on the application for driver's license was deliberate.

Last edited:
First of all, why is Moss involved with a woman in her mid-thirties? He should be banging chicks in their early twenties. Definitely fishy.

Second:

Courts allow these arguably "one-sided" orders for good reason, however: to provide the alleged victim with immediate protection from an imminent threat.

If Moss is up in Boston with no likelihood of returning to Florida for the next few weeks, then why is the court granting this order? There is no immediate threat. It's an abuse of discetion on the part of the court, particularly given the sketchy facts. I suspect the judge is a Dolphins fan. And yes, I'm serious.

This whole thing is a tempest in a teapot.

Last edited:
,,,,,. I suspect the judge is a Dolphins fan. And yes, I'm serious.

This whole thing is a tempest in a teapot.

You know ... you have a very good point!

Judges are human and if the Judge is a avid Dolphins fan, which there is a good probability since he is from Florida, it may have been very hard for him
to be impartial in his judgement.

The judgement seems to be that way since as you say here is no immediate threat.

I think even the "West Virginia or Florida" or whatever she put on the application for driver's license was deliberate.

I think it also said his age was "13".

Great link.
I missed the bit about 'him not allowing her to get medical treatment' - link?

We should set one thing straight here, chances are that Moss never prevented her from getting medical treatment. She has just accused him of this which has nothing to do with what actually happened.

So there is no sense in trying to figure out why or how he prevented her from getting treatment.

The real key to this entire incident is the fact it was made public THIS week. And that this woman's lawyer actually made the threat and followed through on making it public when the Patriots were in the playoffs.

I don't know a single good, honest and sincere citizen that would time the public release of this information in this way for financial gain. She has basically announced to the world she is not a good person and that greed is her main motivation. That being said, I will guarantee this story goes away quickly and all that will be left for this woman is embaressment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes