PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Leftwich Sacks Allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
As Leftwich is likely to play next week, I was looking at his stats which are pretty good. But one thing stood out :

Brady sacked 26 in 522 attempts. That's .05 times per pass.
Leftwich sacked 23 in 302 attemps. That's .076 times per pass.

Or, it's a sack rate 50% higher for Leftwich over Brady.

Gerard is a lot more mobile, he was sacked around half the rate of Leftwich, .039 times per pass.

Leftwich is a big guy, stands in the pocket like a tree. He takes a lot of hits, but doesn't always go down. I think the JAX line is the issue not the
QB. It is weak.

I smell Rosey.

BelichickFan said:
As Leftwich is likely to play next week, I was looking at his stats which are pretty good. But one thing stood out :

Brady sacked 26 in 522 attempts. That's .05 times per pass.
Leftwich sacked 23 in 302 attemps. That's .076 times per pass.

Or, it's a sack rate 50% higher for Leftwich over Brady.

Gerard is a lot more mobile, he was sacked around half the rate of Leftwich, .039 times per pass.

Since he was the #3 QB for the JAGS yesterday and never got in the game, I hope you are right and DelRio caves to the pressure to start him with 5 weeks of rust dripping off him and desperate to prove something. He's mistake prone enough under optimal circumstances, and when he's in there they tend to force stupid plays in their passing game. The bitter cold should do his healing ankle a world of good too.

MoLewisrocks said:
Since he was the #3 QB for the JAGS yesterday and never got in the game, I hope you are right and DelRio caves to the pressure to start him with 5 weeks of rust dripping off him and desperate to prove something.
I was basing it off this AP article, I don't know how true it is :

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/otherNFL/view.bg?articleid=119558

"JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — The Jacksonville Jaguars postponed quarterback Byron Leftwich’s return until the postseason. Leftwich will start next week’s playoff game at the two-time defending champion Patriots, replacing David Garrard after a six-week layoff because of a broken left ankle."

BelichickFan said:
I was basing it off this AP article, I don't know how true it is :

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/otherNFL/view.bg?articleid=119558

"JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — The Jacksonville Jaguars postponed quarterback Byron Leftwich’s return until the postseason. Leftwich will start next week’s playoff game at the two-time defending champion Patriots, replacing David Garrard after a six-week layoff because of a broken left ankle."
Yummy. I love the smell of rust in the evening. It goes well with a nice January chill in the air. :D

Thats why I love this matchup. Our front 7 oughta eat that weak OL alive. Plus add to the fact their run game is not working, and our defense should completely dominate this game. But respect that Jacksonville defense, it's gonna give our offense all that it can handle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes