Welcome to PatsFans.com

Left Wing Won't Like This One

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  2. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +315 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

3. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

It's refreshing to see someone willing to be honest and stand up for the truth instead of taking the easy way out by spreading hate using stereotypes. I'm bothered all the time by people who are unwilling to give credit where credit is due just because they don't share same ideologies they do. I appreciate and agree with John's perspective here.
  4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +315 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

As do I. What I find humorous is the fact that everything John is admiring about various people is totally against anything Harry supports or believes in.

It makes me wonder if he read the article or listened to the video or if he just read the misleading headline and his legs automatically started tingling and he posted it without looking any further into it. :D
  5. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

So as to not attack anyone personally with the initials of....nevermind.:D I do think some people are headline readers and can be very selective in what they read or hear. They need to be like that in order to convince themselves that their own prejudices are justified. Most of us see right through it though.
  6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

He npraised the Neo cons? Do you not know the difference between "Neo con" and "conservative"?

Did you watch the video, or did your homophobia cause to to shut it off after 3 seconds because you were afraid that watching Elton John speak on a computer would give you "the Gay".
  7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

He's a Liberal that had the balls to give credit where credit is due no matter how much his Fellow Liberals despised the man he was giving that credit too, thats all I need to know.

I HB will be attacked because Elton John said something nice about GW Bush

:D
  8. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +315 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

Harry, Elton John is a citizen of England. He's not even an American. He's never gotten involved in American politics as far as I know, and his main passions are not political, they are AIDS awareness and gay rights, which are world-wide issues and have nothing, personally, to do with American liberalism or conservatism at all.

Many of us "liberals" have praised Bush (as well as Bill Clinton for starting the project and President Obama for continuing it) for the AIDS policy in Africa. Many of us have spoken out against the cutting of funds to that particular project.

It's just interesting that you chose to mention "Bush and the neo-cons" in your post without also choosing to mention that Elton John also praised Hillary Clinton, Barak Obama, Joe Biden and JayZ equally highly in his speech.
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

I would expect him to praise those people, but it isn't very often a Far Left Liberal like Elton will have the guts to stand up in public and say anyhting good about "The Hated Bush" that is what is shocking about this, do you really think there are very many of those other celebrity show biz Liberal Haters that would actually say something positive about "George Bush" can you just picture Whoopi Goldberg even mentioning the name George Bush?
  10. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +315 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

I am asking you what makes you think Elton John is a "far left liberal" when he does not live in America, is not an American, does not contribute to or aid any particular political party in America (or England, either, as far as I know,) and has never voted for anyone, liberal or conservative, in a US election.
  11. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -1

A lot of people on the right won't like it, either... ;)
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

I like it, it took a lot of courage for him to say it seeing how many f-cking whacko screwballs he associates with in the land of the depraved entertainment world.

Kudos to you Elton, you look like your turning into a little old lady but you have my respect, God Willing.
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

[​IMG]
  14. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +315 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

So now that you have a new, well respected hero telling you that black people no longer object to gay marriage I presume you will never again use that as an excuse or an accusation.

Am I right?
  15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

Thats not quite my observation, black people in America are very religious and they take their religion very seriously, MLK Jr's whole life and all of his work and beliefs were based on his God.

Thats as far as I will go on this one, you know my reputation-------:)

(we have yet to see a black pedophile or a black serial killer in the news) at least that is my findings but I'm sure if there has been one you will be able to dig it up.

Homosexuality is a very serious SIN in the baptist religion, the Black Community has a very large Baptist following, they are devout.

Of course there are always a few cases of everything in everything.
  16. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +315 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

So you're saying that Elton John might not always know what he's talking about?

Read more: Elton John praises George W. Bush and 'conservative politicians' [VIDEO] | The Daily Caller
  17. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

Being politically correct if you are in public life is very important, being honest can ruin your life, would anybody really believe that Colin Powell would actually come out and say he is against homosexuality, if he did this that is all he would be remembered for, the rest of his life and beyond.

Of course I have no idea what goes through Colin Powells head.