Welcome to PatsFans.com

Left Wing, MSM media, Military Times says support for GWB's wars are eroding....

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Jan 3, 2006.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +517 / 14 / -28

The actual source of the poll, quite revealing, somehow it is out of step with what our commander in chief is saying and doing.
    http://www.militarycity.com/polls/2004_chart2.php

A synopsis of the article

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/01/02/060102234337.if0cb0yj.html
    Support for President George W. Bush's Iraq policy has fallen among the US armed forces to just 54 percent from 63 percent a year ago, according to a poll by the magazine group Military Times.
    In its annual survey of the views of military personnel, the group reported on its website that support for Bush's overall policies dropped over the past year to 60 percent from 71 percent.
    While still significantly more supportive of the president than the broad US population, the fall in support by military personnel tracks a similar decline in the president's popularity among the general public.
    "Though support both for President Bush and for the war in Iraq remains significantly higher than in the public as a whole, the drop is likely to add further fuel to the heated debate over Iraq policy," Military Times said.

2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +347 / 12 / -11

It doesn't matter that support among the troops is falling; the right-wing will keep on sending them overseas so as not to make Bush look wrong. The righties seem to be willing to let a lot of troops die so as to justify Bush's policies.

3. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Over time, this year, the ground troops will be substituted with more and more air strikes. Mark it down. A drawdown is imminent.

Question becomes: can you achieve security in Iraq through air strikes?

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +809 / 2 / -9

You don't believe my polls, I don't believe your polls, so.

5. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +107 / 9 / -14

#37 Jersey

No you can't keep it secure through air strikes. And if we would of been more aggressive at the beginning it would not of came to this. Sadly keeping Rumsfeld on has been Bush's biggest mistake through the whole war. The time is coming and very soon for the Iraqi's to stand on their own, we should of been more aggressive at the beginning and just maybe this would be closer to an end. But for trying to fight a PC war has probably cost us 1 more year of the war, and that falls on Bush himself and the terrorist sympathizers in this country who are more worried about their treatment, than our own interests.

6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +517 / 14 / -28

Your polls are made up polls that you find on your extremist web sites in the MSM Right Wing Media, most others posted are linked to sources.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2006
  7. Patters

Ratings:
    +347 / 12 / -11

Harry, maybe the reason your posts are so simplistic and repetitive is because you only believe what you want to believe rather than face the truth. My impression is that you don't read much, since you seldom post links or quotes and rarely respond to the more serious challenges to your comments. At any rate, the polls posted here are from honest sources. You can dispute the methodology, but that requires you to use your brain. As far as your polls, you seem to simply make things up, which is another way of saying that you lie.

8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +809 / 2 / -9

I don't rely on "Links or Quotes" my stuff comes out of my own head, I don't repeat other peoples crap, I post "my own crap"

9. Patters

Ratings:
    +347 / 12 / -11

I suppose if Bush can use misinformation to accidentally start a war, you can use misinformation to make your case for Bush. Maybe someone out there will take you seriously. Try here, Harry Boy: http://www.weeklyreader.com/kids/speakout/

10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +809 / 2 / -9

Do you believe everything the "Bush Haters" post on here?

11. Patters

Ratings:
    +347 / 12 / -11

Harry, Bush is a terrible president. For longest time, I insisted Reagan was worse, but I truly think Bush is incompetent. As I've said elsewhere, Bush is your Carter. Carter, from a Democratic point of view, was a good man, a sincere man, but he wasn't up to the task. I think objectively that's how Republicans should feel about Bush. He's not doing a good job making the case for what you believe.

Do I believe everything those who oppose Bush say? Of course not. I don't think Bush lied about WMDS (though I could be wrong), but I think he was stupid and blindsighted by those he appointed to advise him. In some ways, that's worse than lying.

12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +809 / 2 / -9

I am glad to hear you say you don't believe Bush lied about WMD's because all the people you support believed it also.

The economy is up, people are buying new cars, homes, campers, paying $15 to watch silly liberal movies that sa f-ck for two hours, and the smelly muslim terrorists have been dying to blow chicago off the map but Bush won't let them.
    The government can put a Video Camera in my underwear and in my bedroom if it will help keep my grandchildren from being blow to bits.

13. Patters

Ratings:
    +347 / 12 / -11

You realize you're on the road to becoming a liberal with the incredible amount of trust you have for government.

14. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Reactionaries wet themselves on command when the government tells them to, and beg for more and more government to keep them safe.

15. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +107 / 9 / -14

#37 Jersey

Yes, just like welfare recipients with money.

16. Patters

Ratings:
    +347 / 12 / -11

That's a good analogy, PFIEL. I would agree. Some people want the government to help feed their children; other's want the government to help alleviate their paranoia. I

17. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

If you want to freely give up privacy, go ahead. Get a webcam, keep it on 24/7, and make sure the FBI has the IP address. But don't make us sacrifice liberty and privacy for something that won't even stop the terrorists. By the way, since you trust the government to have cameras down your pants, you should also trust them enough to take 100% of your paycheck and decide how you will spend it. Why not?

Oh yeah, and in 2 years it could be the next Bill Clinton on the other end of that camera down your pants. Think of the possibilities...

Last edited: Jan 3, 2006
  18. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Pujo, why do you insist on using such logic? :yeahthat: Sounds like you blame america first.

19. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Don't ya know it :)

It's funny and sad that neoconservatives frame the the debate as "you're either with Bush or you hate America." Now I would never, ever hate America, but if it came down to having to hate America or support Bush, I'd hate America.

20. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +517 / 14 / -28

Do you notice that everyone from the so called Neo Con side never commented on the content of the article?? Instead the choice is to berate those who question our beloved president.

"speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story..."