Welcome to PatsFans.com

Left or Right: You Gotta Love This One!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by shirtsleeve, Mar 3, 2006.

1. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This may be too much personal info, but everyone here needs a good laugh.

As you all know by now, I work as a power engineer. What you didn't know was that I work for a very prestigeous private institution of higher education.

Well, the silly president of said institution asked all of the community today to offer reccomendations for honorary degrees! :D :rofl:

Needless to say, I offered one. I reccomended none other than Ann Coulter! :cool: :eek:

Can you even imagine that commencement!

2. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

What private institution of higher education do you work for?

Also, I could not quite get the of your post.

Are you serious about Coulter or was it just a prank?

From your biographical sketch, you look like someone from the right, so I would presume you were serious about recommending Coulter.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2006
  3. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Which private institution would be too much information.

The point of my post was that the political culture on these campuses is somewhere to the left of Havana. Ann Coulter is their antithesis.

I was serious about the reccomendation, to the point where although she is their political antithesis, spiritually, she represents everything they are supposed to be about! They have to take the nomination seriously! The irony is absolutely perfect!

No, I am not from the right, and disagree with Ms. Coulter on most issues. If you read my post, you would realise that I am very centrist. Would be Libertarian, but they totally wreck it with their globalist agenda. Would be a Buchananite, but he's far too connected with the theocracy of the Christian Right.

Boy, people around here really know how to kill a good buzz.

I posted this so all could see the irony and get a good laugh, regardless of political position.

Oh, and an update. I got a response from the president of the institution. One word: "Thanks". Gotta love it!