Welcome to PatsFans.com

Leaving the Forum

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by wistahpatsfan, Sep 15, 2006.

1. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I have really enjoyed participating in this forum for a while now. I have learned a lot and have come to realize that this country is made up of many ideas and viewpoints that I never even considered possible. It's the best country in the world by far because of this ability to live together while disagreeing on nearly everything that matters, but if the sh-t ever hit the fan, we'd always have each others' backs.

Unfortunately, my little daughter has a horrible disease which will totally disable her permanently if it hasn't already. She was hit at age 18 months nearly two years ago. It requires the complete attention of myself and my wife. I have been using this forum among other things as a means of escape and denial that this is happening to us and because of that, my wife has shouldered more than her share of the burden. We have decided to go into the bunker and begin an all-out effort (you might even say "war") to making our daughter happy and comfortable as she goes through this nightmare, as well as work towards some kind of treatment or maybe even a cure, but that is highly unlikely for her, as this is a completely random thing and no one knows what the cause is so...

So for the indefinite future, I'm putting blinders on and getting into the fight that's been going on for a year without me fully engaged except when I was really needed. Every minute of our time is valuable. Best of luck to all of you, and try to keep things in their proper perspective. Be good to your kids and family. From now on, it's neuro-muscular biology and fundraiser websites for me. Wish us luck - whatever that is.

So long and Peace. Go Pats!

2. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +603 / 2 / -2

Disable Jersey

Oh, Wistah!

Every parent will understand your anguish. My heart goes out to you and to yours and I wish you all the luck and the strength that you will certainly need.

3. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,963 / 14 / -22

#61 Jersey

Good luck, man. If and when you do find the breathing space to come back here and share about your experience, I'm sure we all could learn from it.

4. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

As a father I feel so much for you and your family having to go through this.
    But you are not alone. Everyone here is behind you and I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

5. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Take good care, Wistah.
    I can't even think of what else to write because you're post was so moving but I felt that I should post something to show further support.
    Take good care.

6. Nikki

Nikki On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I have only "known" you for a short time, but I have really enjoyed your posts.

Please know that your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

7. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,804 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

My family's prayers for your daughter Wistah...

My family's prayers for you and your wife...

My families prayers for your entire family...

Children are God's gift to the world, they are precious, they give us strength
    to push on when we are ready to break down, they bring a smile at the best times...when we need one most...now your daughter needs the smiles...

So, my family will pray for the smiles for your family in this difficult time...they are the best medicine of all.

Hope to hear from you soon Wistah
    Your presence remains in the forum while you are gone..... "F.B.N"

8. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I'm truly sorry to hear about your daughter. That puts my own problems into perspective. I really hope it works out for you all. Good luck.

9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +711 / 20 / -30

I wish you and your wife the strength to deal with this illness and I wish that they find a cure for your daughter. Illness although usually concentrated on one person is a family, has a tremendous impact on all. Keep your faith and strength up.

10. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +487 / 20 / -17

Best of luck to you and your family, Wistah. I hope the comfort and happiness you bring to your daughter will also bring happiness to you. Hang in there, and let's hope for a miracle.

11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +988 / 2 / -9

"Good luck Whista"
    Thats all I can think of saying, I mean it.
    Harry Boy.

12. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Good luck, stay strong. My cousin wasn't supposed to live beyond his early childhood years, he just turned 40. If you ever need a breather, we'll be here for you.

13. Turk

Turk Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I have been away for a while and coming back to read this message was a shock to say the least.
    Wistah, you have always been a voice of reason and compassion, during these dark days and these dark waters we have been treading in.
    I wish for you and yours, in these most trying times, strength, above all.
    Seems like you already have the rest of what you will need, in your beautiful, loving family.
    Good luck, my friend.

14. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Best of luck Wistah.

15. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,453 / 20 / -20

#75 Jersey

Wistah, I was just about to leave for today's game when I stumbled upon this thread. Puts everything in proper perspective.

My heart goes out to you and I'll be praying for your family and your precious little girl.

16. scott c

scott c On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Thanx for sharing that Wistah,though it did break my heart.......................I need to go hug my children now............................Best of luck freind.

17. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Ver sorry to hear this. We'll miss you man. But you are in our thoughts. Do your best, and I know you'll all make it through this difficult time.

Peace

18. CPF

CPF Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm sorry thatI just now caught this. I don't know if you are even still reading along but in case you are......I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear about your daughter, I have a girl that is 5 and I just cannot imagine going through what you must be enduring. I know that it is not your thing but I hope you don't mind if I pray for her. Also, I know the Bible is not your thing either but I just thought of this Scripture and wanted to share it.

" Jesus said, 'Let the children come to me and do not stop them, because the Kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these'." Matthew 19:14

Take care man, and stop back in from time to time if your situation allows, God bless you, CPF

19. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Thanks, everybody. I might as well use this forum to help our daughter and the other girls. If you're rich and looking for a great charity that doesn't waste a cent, go to the research site for Rett Syndrome. Beats giving to political campaigns.
    http://www.rsrf.org/
    Thanks again.

20. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

God bless and best wishes in this very difficult time. My thoughts and prayers are extended to you and your family.