Welcome to PatsFans.com

Leave It to the British Daily Mail to Cover What US Newspapers Won't

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by State, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Is political correctness to blame for lack of coverage over horrific black-on-white killings in America's Deep South? Tennessee Channon Christian Christopher Newsom carjack | Mail Online

If you're not familiar with this extended rape, torture, and slow murder, you should be. Although it's been covered here before, it's important enough to warrant another airing. It will also prompt you to wonder why it hasn't been given any media coverage outside of its local market of Knoxville, Tenn., where the interest has been very high.

It goes without saying that if the races were reversed it would have been a six-month consciousness-raising-session by the NPRs and NBCs of America. James Byrd times ten. Google "James Byrd": 1,140,000 hits of the horrific 1999 racial killing. And that's before the 'Net really took off. Google "Channon Christian Christopher Newsom": 177,000 hits of the horrific 2007 murder. Hmm. QED.

Whites often make a strong denial that they aren't prejudiced, yet by the way they vote with their feet...one wonders. 'Searching for Whitopia': Benjamin on White Segregation - TIME Reminds me of Hillary praising the DC schools, and an elementary school close to the White House in particular, only to publicly announce hours later that Chelsea would be attending the elite private Quaker school down there the Obama girls now attend. Sidwell and Friends.

The anecdote is chronicled in Peter Schweizer's book _Do As I Say (Not As I Do)_ providing a torrent of examples of liberal hypocrisy of some of its leading members. Very effective book.

I am often amazed why retirees are flocking to NH north of Concord, where I live. The winters are brutal. But the area will continue to flourish. I think it's an area where people can escape demographic realities that can be shocking: going to areas of California where the fast food workers can't speak English, for example. That was a shock to a colleague of mine--originally from Vancouver, Canada--recently. Or having to endure gangs of multicultural tatterdemalions enjoying the passive-aggressive pastime of intimidation at the malls.

White boys try it too, but usu. can't pull it off as effectively as hispanics or blacks.

This reminds me of a white neighbor who spent some junior and high school years with her family in New Orleans. First, she prefaced the discussion by saying she's not prejudiced. (She had her Obama sign outside the voting booth last year!) Unfortunately for her, she went to the public schools down there. Her parents are probably guilty of naivety or leftist thinking. But then she gave an account of harassment and intimidation and actual beatings that I could tell still had a psychological scar on her after all these years. (I can see what's coming. The resident lefties here will accuse me of making this up.)

Like a majority of white parents, I would NEVER dream of sending my children to a predominantly black public school: the low standards of the academics and behavior, they overall dysfunction, even the criminality.

Detroit or Washington DC schools, anyone? Hey, the per pupil expense in DC is higher than the swankiest places in NJ or NY.

You're cowardly, lefties. Cowardly.

Recently, the Daily Mail covered another topic the American PC MSM wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole Channel 4 controversy over documentary that claims race is linked to intelligence | Mail Online
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -5

My Jersey:

Now you've done it, that was supposed to be a secret, Cute Perky Katie would "behead herself" before she would say one word about anything like that.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

This thread will get closed..
  4. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Only when Patters wakes up.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -5

My Jersey:

Yup.......................
  6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Putting On My Moderator's Hat

This specific statement is the reason this thread is closed:

"Like a majority of white parents, I would NEVER dream of sending my children to a predominantly black public school: the low standards of the academics and behavior, they overall dysfunction, even the criminality."

Linking an insane, sociopathic crime to an absurd generalization about predominantly black schools is a racist way of exploiting the horrific crime suffered by Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.