PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

League to look at camera film to hand out jets/pats fines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mangold was out of line.

Per NFL rules you cannot hit below the waist on a change of possession. For him to say that he could never play defense because hes a poor at tackling is laughable. Smith threw 3 INTS in that game and Sanchez has been a leader in coughing the football up. Mangold has had plenty of practice.

Isn't the hit below the waist rule only for blocks? I am pretty sure you can still tackle low on a change of possession. Just as you can tackle low on a punt or kick off, but not block low.

I still don't see how that was roughing. If they're going to call that hit "roughing", then Jones might as well have just launched himself directly into the helmet area and knocked Geno Smith out of the game. At least make it worth the flag and money.

It's total BS that he got fined. The fact that he got penalized was ticky tack but the top of his helmet kind of hit him near the jaw so whatever, but to fine him is total BS.

What did Pollard get teeing off on and knocking out Andre Johnson, nothing? I know a penalty wasn't called.

It's total BS that he got fined. The fact that he got penalized was ticky tack but the top of his helmet kind of hit him near the jaw so whatever, but to fine him is total BS.

What did Pollard get teeing off on and knocking out Andre Johnson, nothing? I know a penalty wasn't called.

Pollard was fined $42K for hitting Johnson.

I still don't see how Jones gets fined for a marginal RTP penalty.

Isn't the hit below the waist rule only for blocks? I am pretty sure you can still tackle low on a change of possession. Just as you can tackle low on a punt or kick off, but not block low.

Nope; the rules explicitly forbid tackling low on change of possession.

That fine on Jones is uncalled for and unacceptable. I hope he appeals and wins.

That's only if you believe fines are supposed to create discipline, but that's not their purpose.

Their purpose is to make money for the NFL.

I'm pretty sure the fines go to charity, not to the NFL or the teams.

Re: Re: League to look at camera film to hand out jets/pats fines

I'm pretty sure the fines go to charity, not to the NFL or the teams.

All NFL fines should go to help ex-player's with their medical funds imo.

There really should be a sliding scale on fines. Based on their salaries, Dennard and Buchanon paid a higher percentage of their salaries than Ferguson who committed a worse crime.

I don't know what Goodell was thinking fining Big Vince. He is going to feel the wrath of Bianca Wilfork again. Vince might be scary on the football field, but Bianca is the one to be feared in the league offices.

Goodell is a joke. I don't see how he reached the conclusions for the pats. Unless he was doing just that, reaching......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes