PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

League looking into dropping of cameraman [Update: Briggs, nets "reprimanded" by NFL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertWeathers

Member of the Seattle 7 & Roadie for Metallica
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn't the league have anything better to do? Sheesh!

NFL probes cameraman's fall at end of Colts-Patriots game | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

Danny Bridges, an Indianapolis-based freelance television utility technician who was on the field during the time as a union representative for National Association of Broadcast Employees and Technicians-Communications Workers of America, said he reported the incident to union officials after witnessing the tail end of the incident from the sideline. He said he believes Stendel, a friend and colleague from New Jersey, is owed an apology from the Patriots, based on the footage from the Web and Indy Star.

"A very ugly incident occurred. It needs to be rectified," Bridges said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: OT: League looking into dropping of cameraman

Reminds me of paparazzi, know there are diffferences... wait until ESPN finds out..

I thought that was hilarious at the end of an awful game. The guy was certainly passed the "personal space" limit if there even is one. I thought the body guard was justified, but the lawyers will probably say it should of been handled in a more diplomatic manner. :rolleyes:

It's obvious from the replay that the cameraman suddenly ran out of cord and stumbled into the security guy, who had no idea what was going on and instinctively gave him a shove, like you would anybody who bashes into you without warning.

cameraman gets chopped down

I am loving every second of this.

Screw that cameraman and his apology.. The parapazzi are unbelievably obnoxious, they think nothing of invading your space, but when THEIRS is invaded, they demand an apology.

And at the end, there is another contact, but unfortunately the video cuts off before we see the aftermath of that one.

Last edited:

It's obvious from the replay that the cameraman suddenly ran out of cord and stumbled into the security guy, who had no idea what was going on and instinctively gave him a shove, like you would anybody who bashes into you without warning.

Yep. Thats what I think happened too.

This guy Mark Briggs is a bad-*****. Spent 16 years in the British military. Got a medal from the Queen. That means he was into some pretty heavy stuff.

Reminds me of the bald guy to fought Linderman in "My Bodyguard"

Re: League looking into dropping of cameraman

What a candy-a** cameraman. Seriously, from my work experience I can safely say that cameramen are typically the most bad-ass people you will meet in video/film/TV and will do some of the craziest things you would imagine to get the shot. To hear some guy whine about getting pushed over by Patriots security is laughable. The guy needs to find a new job if he has a problem with it, and there are plenty of people lined up ready to take his job who are OK with getting knocked over every once in a while.

And yes, it looks like his assistant did a poor job of wrangling his cables, he was about to run out, and that probably was a factor in why this guy ended up on the ground.

Last edited:

Oh ******* great. The league is going to look into it. How long until we get notice that Belichick was fined $300,000 on a theory of vicarious liability and the Patriots have to forfeit a draft pick?

I thought this was a joke until I watched the video.. And now I KNOW ITS A joke..

The guys job is to keep people away from BB.. Its a safety issue.. The pats employee didn't shove or push him. He moved the guy to the side and the guy fell on his own.. Its not like the guard was thrusting him back or making a violent action towards him..

Just ridiculous..

Watched it again.. He put his hands on the guys arm.. And made a move to pull him away.. It's his fault the camera man lost his balance and fell.. MY GOD.

Last edited:

NFL probes cameraman's fall at end of Colts-Patriots game | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

Danny Bridges, an Indianapolis-based freelance television utility technician who was on the field during the time as a union representative for National Association of Broadcast Employees and Technicians-Communications Workers of America, said he reported the incident to union officials after witnessing the tail end of the incident from the sideline. He said he thinks Stendel, a friend and colleague from New Jersey, is owed an apology from the Patriots, based on the footage from the Web and The Star.

"A very ugly incident occurred. It needs to be rectified," Bridges said.

6a00d8341c94c853ef01116855aea2970c-800wi

The best way to handle this, IMHO, would be to fire the cable wrangler and have the Union rep take a hike...
respects,:cool:

Last edited:

Monday night at the Brady house......

Tom: Hey Gi, Bill's with me and we're gonna have a beer and watch the Browns/Ravens game. how ya feeling?
Gi: (in a German/Portugese accent). I'm ok. Hi Bill. How are you?
Bill: Good Gi. You look great!
Gi: Thanks, Bill. Sorry about the loss last night. Great call on 4th an 2!
Bill: Yea we'll get 'em next time.
Gi: I'm sure you will. Say Bill, what's all this stuff about the cameraman getting pushed by your security guy.
Bill: I dunna know. Seems like these guys are all over me trying to analyze every single handshake I have and every move I make these days.
Tom: Yea, Bill we know how you feel.
Gi: Y'know, Bill. We had a similar issue at Tommy and I's wedding. We had to "correct" them. If you'd like, I can take care this for you so the paparazzi never bother you again.
Bill: Uh............................let me think about that and get back to you.

Last edited:

Drop him like he's hottt...

Last edited:

This sort of reminds me of that "Brady refuses to shake Eli Manning's hand" video that everyone was getting pissed off at where nothing really even happened. The guy clearly stumbles into him. Not really shoved at all....

Jesus H. Christ... you're in hostile territory after a stunning last-second loss surrounded by 60K+ screaming idiots, and someone runs into you, what would YOU do? I suppose if you're a Manning you would help him up, kiss his knee and take him out for ice cream. :rolleyes:

And as for the paparazzi comments, that stuff has gotten way, way out of hand. It was different when I was in high school and bands like Pearl Jam would work their way to the top and then complain about how bad it was being famous. These clowns nowadays... would you want to have 80 people with cameras encircling you everywhere you went? I'd go bonkers and start carrying an AK-47.

lol he pushed the camera forward out of he's way and he went flying backwards lol because the he ran out of cord lol that was funny

when the nfl looks at this they will laugh as much as i did

He got embarassed on national television and screwed up royally in the process- by his own doing.

His rectification is a lame attempt to extort money as he knows he won't be getting any decent work in the near future after that screw up.

Wow. How did you get this transcript?
Monday night at the Brady house......

Tom: Hey Gi, Bill's with me and we're gonna have a beer and watch the Browns/Ravens game. how ya feeling?
Gi: (in a German/Portugese accent). I'm ok. Hi Bill. How are you?
Bill: Good Gi. You look great!
Gi: Thanks, Bill. Sorry about the loss last night. Great call on 4th an 2!
Bill: Yea we'll get 'em next time.
Gi: I'm sure you will. Say Bill, what's all this stuff about the cameraman getting pushed by your security guy.
Bill: I dunna know. Seems like these guys are all over me trying to analyze every single handshake I have and every move I make these days.
Tom: Yea, Bill we know how you feel.
Gi: Y'know, Bill. We had a similar issue at Tommy and I's wedding. We had to "correct" them. If you'd like, I can take care this for you so the paparazzi never bother you again.
Bill: Uh............................let me think about that and get back to you.

;)

you guys are so off base. the cameraman in question is far from a candyass, in fact he is one of the best cameramen in tv today. there is no "personal space" in the middle of a football field, especially after you make the biggest coaching blunder ever, and all you wanna do is go cry in your office. he is still working, tonight in fact, and will be til he retires....the security goof must not be that badass if he's doing that job. what he did was over the top.

and all you wanna do is go cry in your office. he is still working, tonight in fact, and will be til he retires.....

I cry in my home office.

the security goof must not be that badass if he's doing that job. what he did was over the top.

Your idiot buddy didn't have a long enough cord. Kinda like a navy diver without a long enough o2 line. Watch the tape again.

If your union wasn't so busy trying to justify the dues you pay, maybe they could lobby for longer power cords during the next bargining session.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes