PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

League fines Tom Brady $10,000 for Ed Reed kick

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI: When Ravens whiners tell you that he was trying to spike Ed Reed, show this photo. His turf shoes have little plastic or rubber nubs,not spikes:

50fdac8828667.preview-620.jpg

I can kind of see why they fined him, but I still don't agree with it though.

FYI: When Ravens whiners tell you that he was trying to spike Ed Reed, show this photo. His turf shoes have little plastic or rubber nubs,not spikes:

50fdac8828667.preview-620.jpg

Have you seen the little scrapes you can get from those? No laughing matter, my friend. :D

I'm fine with it. I didn't like the play, its a sufficient penalty, move on.

Brady spends more on a haircut. He won't miss the money whatsoever lets not make a big deal out of nothing like a certain safety.

Unbelievable inaccurate, biased reporting at:

Brady fined $10,000 for sliding into Reed - AFC North Blog - ESPN

FYI: Hensley used to write for the Baltimore newspaper before going to ESPN. What I have beef with is:

"Plus, he's the quarterback that they make rules to protect. Just look up the Tuck Rule or the Brady Rule (defenders who are on the ground no longer can lunge at the quarterback's knees or lower). "

First, the "Tuck Rule" was never invented for Brady. It's been a rule for who knows how long and Brady was honestly a nobody, 2nd year QB when it happened.
Second, the Brady Rule is really the Palmer Rule.

I expect garbage like this from ignorant fans, but a paid "reporter". It's just terrible.

Unbelievable inaccurate, biased reporting at:

Brady fined $10,000 for sliding into Reed - AFC North Blog - ESPN

FYI: Hensley used to write for the Baltimore newspaper before going to ESPN. What I have beef with is:

"Plus, he's the quarterback that they make rules to protect. Just look up the Tuck Rule or the Brady Rule (defenders who are on the ground no longer can lunge at the quarterback's knees or lower). "

First, the "Tuck Rule" was never invented for Brady. It's been a rule for who knows how long and Brady was honestly a nobody, 2nd year QB when it happened.

I expect garbage like this from ignorant fans, but a paid "reporter". It's just terrible.

Got to love this guy. Sounds like he's disappointed they are not allowed to lunge at a QBs knees anymore.

What's all the hate about anyway. Brady probably agrees with the fine so move the Geff on people. They can call it the soccer goalie rule and be done with it.

I'd fine Brady for stupidity on his clock management but that's just me.

Giselle, stop texting me!

Gotta at least give him credit for Most Ironic Use of 'Just Look Up"

I despise Bernard Pollard as much as the next guy but that hit was perfectly fine. The same people that are complaining about Goodell making the NFL a pansy league are the same people that are complaining about Pollard not getting a fine. Running backs lower their shoulders as they run and defenders sometimes just connect helmet to helmet.

That being said, I hope Bernard pollard gets a taste of his own medicine at some point.:beatingcoming:

Like others I don't have a problem with Pollard on the Ridley fumble, Ridley definitely lowered his head into the tackle. However I do have a problem with Pollard calling and getting fines for other players, something about people in glass houses especially in victory.

Now I need a little help from this forum on the rules, because I thought that the play is over as soon as the QB begins his slide. In which case he should no longer be a legal target, other than those wishing to inflict a little accidental damage :). If that is the case then the QB should be able to defend himself against an on rushing defensive player especially since he has already given himself up.

Granted the leg was high, but you can hardly call Brady's run anything other than sluggish and this would suggest that his momentum was commensurately slow. If that is the case then surely it is up to the charging DB/LB to avoid the decelerating object. If they are unable to avoid collision isn't raising a leg a common defensive reaction rather than an aggressive one, especially if the oncoming threat is imminent.

Does this then suggest the NFL needs to create the Reed rule which penalizes all QBs who raise their legs while sliding. But then that would be as nonsensical as the fine itself.

My son said that one good thing that will come out of this is that Brady will not be seen as protected by refs, which I hope is true, though Patriot hate will remain as long as we have BB/TB. I just wish there were better cases upon which to base his fine.

10 grand for the pure pathetic nature of the attempt.....it's not that he did it.....it's that it was so lame

Tom Brady texted his apologies to Reed, and they ended up talking on the phone with each other. Brady should not have done that, he knows it, and it's all cleared up now. The fine was justified, and that's chicken-feed to Brady.

No big deal, but you just don't do this:

1-22-13-Tom-Brady-slide_full_600.jpg

As far as the Pollard hit, it was clean. Ridley actually hit POLLARD more than the other way around, really. Watch it in slow motion here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24nmwRQhRF0

My son said that one good thing that will come out of this is that Brady will not be seen as protected by refs, which I hope is true, though Patriot hate will remain as long as we have BB/TB. I just wish there were better cases upon which to base his fine.

Nope. Frank Gore had his wallet lightened 50G's more than Brady this weekend for his socks. That's more than enough fuel for the Pats haters to carry on their stupidity, especially since TB proved once again how girly like he really is on the field.

Pollard fined $15,250 for a hit on Welker last week.

I don't remember Welker complaining to the media after the game that there should be a fine.

Demolition Man said:
Yet that scum bag Pollard gets no fine for that "legal" hit on Ridley. Good standards there NFL.
What standard are to looking for? Fines for legal hits?

Posted from Patsfans.com App for Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back