PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

League fines Tom Brady $10,000 for Ed Reed kick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Change from the bottom of his locker.

haha, i dont give a crap what the rules are...how the hell is Brady's slide/kick more worthy of a fine than Pollards head hunting of Ridley. Again, i know what the rules say, but the hit on Ridley was cheap and malicious.

Whatta a thug. When will the league kick this guy out of the league?

Any fines for the defenseless receiver hits that drew flags?

At least his socks were on right.

I've noticed a pattern. When the NFL fines someone for committing a penalty, it's always in multiples of $2625. Why the random number? Because it started at multiples of $2500, and the fines go up 5% each year.

$10,000 is not a multiple of $2625. When the league does that, it's because the fine was awarded on a "case by case" basis, usually because the media made a big deal out of something.

Summary: Congrats, Bernard Pollard. You whined enough that the media took notice and the NFL felt pressured to do something to Brady.

Whatta a thug. When will the league kick this guy out of the league?

Ha Ha. Yes, Look out league, Mr. Brady is officially a Thug!! What a joke GODell has made out of this circus. Hey, TB told Ed Reed "You wanna play like that ?, lets go" (slight paraphrase,) after that incident,. Maybe it was intentional. But enuff was enuff. So F'em. It's just sad that our QB was the only one to finally try and hit back. :scared:

Jason Taylor was right. :)

Context: Brady once drew a vote for league's dirtiest player, and it's believed that vote was a joke by Jason Taylor.

Yet that scum bag Pollard gets no fine for that "legal" hit on Ridley. Good standards there NFL.

if his socks were lower it's 10.5K..this is only 10K? Huh?

Where's the fine for Belichick declining an optional interview and doing a post game press conference 30 minutes later?????

haha, i dont give a crap what the rules are...how the hell is Brady's slide/kick more worthy of a fine than Pollards head hunting of Ridley. Again, i know what the rules say, but the hit on Ridley was cheap and malicious.

How in the blue hell was that hit malicious?

Nothing to see here, he earned it. If Flacco did that to McCourty we'd be calling for his head.

And maybe this slows down someone next year when Brady slides and their first instinct is to dive onto him...

That flying kick was terrible. He should have been fined more for bringing shame to martial arts.

Finally, "Street Cred" for Brady!

Yet that scum bag Pollard gets no fine for that "legal" hit on Ridley. Good standards there NFL.

nothing wrong with that hit.

Until/unless they change the rule, I want our guys to do that to every running back.

Ridley lowered his head, not the thing to do in the hole.

That's a good $10k investment. Now there's no card to play when Brady gets hit late next year and draws a flag. Complaining apparently works.

Are nfl fines tax deductable ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey