PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Leadership Locker Room & Winning

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfan13

Hall of Fame Poster
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I was listening to the audio of the Brady interview on D&C this morning. The usual stuff about preparing for the season reps and so on. They were asking about the OL issues this preseason and if Brady knew "who was responsible" when he took a sack. He deflected the criticism of the OL and took the blame himself saying he needed to make quicker decisions and more reps were the answer. They went on to discussing B Lloyd and if Brady had confidence in him at this point, he was very supportive of Lloyd and the work he was putting in, he also noted the thousands of balls he had thrown to Branch & Welker and the 'trust' that generated.

They then tried to get him t throw Ocho under the bus, Brady of course wouldn't throw him under the bus at all, commented on Ocho as a friend and good team mate, but thing didn't work out, never assigned any blame to Ocho. It's no wonder why guys want to come here to play football.

They tried to get him to make a prediction on Lloyd's production, said he wasn't into fantasy football, that all that mattered was winning and guys who worried about stats like sack and TD passes didn't last long because they were there to win and not to worry about stats.

We take that sort of attitude for granted with Brady, but the contrast with a dysfunctional team like the Red Sox couldn't be greater. This was re enforced in the interview with Deion Branch, professional who is smart and 'gets it'. They are examples of the anti Becketts.

The team culture which BB has in place makes us the luckiest group of football fans anywhere. If you have followed the Pats for a long time we have seen our share of lousy lock rooms so enjoy this for as long as we have it.

Credit to Brady for helping put the cultural system in place, when the best player buys in others fall in line. Of course Players like Teddy B, Troy B , Rodney H and others created the culture and it seems to have been passed on to a new group of leaders.

As we go into a new season stop for a second and appreciate what he have here.

http://audio.weei.com/a/61849536/tom-brady-i-need-to-do-a-better-job-with-my-decision-making.htm

Last edited:

Well said. Very well said.

It's that team-first, win-first mentality that I love about this team. 53 guys all on the same page. And if you're not, see you later (Afalius!)

It starts with Belichick and its heavily supported by Brady and Kraft.

I bet Tom Brady would trade in every dollar he made last season to undo the final three minutes of the season. The guy only cares about winning.

These guys truly are the anti-Red Sox. They are unique in this period in sports.

There are times when I don't begrudge the Patriot haters, but I truly feel bad for them that they chose to resent such a great team. We are privileged to root for these guys.

Last edited:
I was listening to the audio of the Brady interview on D&C this morning. The usual stuff about preparing for the season reps and so on. They were asking about the OL issues this preseason and if Brady knew "who was responsible" when he took a sack. He deflected the criticism of the OL and took the blame himself saying he needed to make quicker decisions and more reps were the answer. They went on to discussing B Lloyd and if Brady had confidence in him at this point, he was very supportive of Lloyd and the work he was putting in, he also noted the thousands of balls he had thrown to Branch & Welker and the 'trust' that generated.

They then tried to get him t throw Ocho under the bus, Brady of course wouldn't throw him under the bus at all, commented on Ocho as a friend and good team mate, but thing didn't work out, never assigned any blame to Ocho. It's no wonder why guys want to come here to play football.

They tried to get him to make a prediction on Lloyd's production, said he wasn't into fantasy football, that all that mattered was winning and guys who worried about stats like sack and TD passes didn't last long because they were there to win and not to worry about stats.

We take that sort of attitude for granted with Brady, but the contrast with a dysfunctional team like the Red Sox couldn't be greater. This was re enforced in the interview with Deion Branch, professional who is smart and 'gets it'. They are examples of the anti Becketts.

The team culture which BB has in place makes us the luckiest group of football fans anywhere. If you have followed the Pats for a long time we have seen our share of lousy lock rooms so enjoy this for as long as we have it.

Credit to Brady for helping put the cultural system in place, when the best player buys in others fall in line. Of course Players like Teddy B, Troy B , Rodney H and others created the culture and it seems to have been passed on to a new group of leaders.

http://audio.weei.com/a/61849536/tom-brady-i-need-to-do-a-better-job-with-my-decision-making.htm

There are a number of factors which distinguish TB from some of the other great QBs in recept memory, but his leadership and attitude really stand out. He demands more of his teammates not by placing the blame on them, but by demanding more from himself and by extension from everyone around him. We are indeed fortunate.

One day Brady will not be our QB. That's when we will all truly appreciate all he brings on and off the field. Such a pleasure watching and listening to this guy every week during football season.

There are a number of factors which distinguish TB from some of the other great QBs in recept memory, but his leadership and attitude really stand out. He demands more of his teammates not by placing the blame on them, but by demanding more from himself and by extension from everyone around him. We are indeed fortunate.

ditto.

In a league and an age of self-centered self-absorbed narcissists.

You just compare his classy leadership to that POS in a jester uni; who threw his own wrs under the bus and proclaimed himself having a good game in the same paragraph quote to reporters. (in a game he threw 0 tds and an int and 2 shoulda been ints).

we are indeed lucky.

Great piece. As I've said before, what was missing on the field without him in '08 was there for all to see; what we may never know is just how much his limited presence led to the erosion of locker room chemistry by the time he came back for '09.

Here's part of Reiss's report on the segment. For him, leadership isn't just saying the right things; it's meaning it:

“Offensive football, 11 guys need to be on the same page. When the offensive line is expecting me to get the ball out quick, and I hold onto the ball and I get sacked, people may blame the offensive line, but really it’s the quarterback’s fault,” he said.

“Sometimes there’s coverage sacks, where the defensive coverage, there’s just not a place to find to throw the ball, and the offensive line is expecting a certain rhythm of a play and it doesn’t come out that way. It could be a number of things, and our offensive line, they’ve worked their tail off. They’re out there giving everything they’ve got, and from a quarterback’s standpoint, we’ve got plenty of time to throw the ball and find the right guy. We have to do a better job doing our job, which is getting the ball out. We need to get it out, get it to the open receiver, and let our guys do something with it.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey