PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Le Batard: Saban leaves as a loser, weasel"

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing wrong with weaseling out of things in my opinion.

In many ways its what sets man apart from the animals.

(with the possible exception of the weasels)
I was wondering when that Simpsons reference would come up.

No wonder Belichick says absolutely nothing about certain subjects in press conferences. Saban should have stonewalled on the Alabama questions.

They nailed him tonight on NFLN. They read the first paragraph of the Batard article, and asked for comments. Shefter said that about summed it up. Said he left due to fear of failure and had snakes in his head as a result. Said the fault was his, had he not chosen the wrong QB in the spring he has no doubt he would not have left. They played his PC from 13 days earlier when he got testy with the media and finally said "I will not be the coach at Alabama".

Also had an audio quote from Schula saying what we know about Saban at the end of his HC stint is he was a liar.

Hope he got the NFL out of his system, because I have a feeling the NFL is done with him. He went through 2 staffs in 2 seasons and didn't seem to build many lasting relationships there either. He did tell them of his decision by speaker phone. Coward. He's the football version of Rick Pitino

They nailed him tonight on NFLN. They read the first paragraph of the Batard article, and asked for comments. Shefter said that about summed it up. Said he left due to fear of failure and had snakes in his head as a result. Said the fault was his, had he not chosen the wrong QB in the spring he has no doubt he would not have left. They played his PC from 13 days earlier when he got testy with the media and finally said "I will not be the coach at Alabama".

Also had an audio quote from Schula saying what we know about Saban at the end of his HC stint is he was a liar.

Hope he got the NFL out of his system, because I have a feeling the NFL is done with him. He went through 2 staffs in 2 seasons and didn't seem to build many lasting relationships there either. He did tell them of his decision by speaker phone. Coward. He's the football version of Rick Pitino

One down and one to go. When the penguin starts tanking on a continual basis, and the NY media start going after him and he decides to leave, life will be oh so sweet. Boxing flicks can only go so far.

It puts the Phins in a state of heavy turmoil and instability, which I am not going to complain about. :)

Except that, as already expressed in a thread about Pioli, the Fins may now go to their old strategy of trying to raid our coaching staff for a winner. The Dolphins (or maybe just Saban) were rumored to be after Pees as their DC last year, hope they aren't considering him for HC.

One down and one to go. When the penguin starts tanking on a continual basis, and the NY media start going after him and he decides to leave, life will be oh so sweet. Boxing flicks can only go so far.

Beginning this Sunday, I hope. Then continuing next season, with a more difficult schedule (though the jest were only 1-1 vs. Cleveland and Oakland this season) and with opponents not taking them for granted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back