PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LB worries...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, when the hell did McGinest turn down extension? Didn't Willie WANT to stay? And we didn't keep him.

Thats's a big reason why I'm not worried like I was last eyar. Can BB help TJ retiring in TC because of concussions? Can he help Bruschi having a stroke? No, he cant. However, he could help not re-signing McGinest. Unless BB has lost his mind, I think he knows how to evaluate his own defensive players.

The bottomline is this. If BB feels Willie was done, I trust him. Ecspecially over alot of guys hiding behind keyboards. Also, so what, Bruschi has a fractured wrist. It's the start of TC and Vrabel friggin played with a broken arm. Bruschi is no ****, he'll be good to go.

You clearly don't understand the potential difference between Bruschi's injury and Vrabel's, but of course, none of us know the extent of the injury.

A broken bone in the wrist is dehibilitating, while anyone can function with a broken support (secondary) bone in the arm.

Whole different ball of wax. Bruschi is no ****, and that has nothing to do with the fact that if his wrist really is broken, it will make him unable to take on two gap blocks using the correct technique. He won't be able to bend his wrist, or he will have to keep it permanently bent in a cast. He also will not be capable of making his big play catches which are what seperates him from a lot of other linebackers.

Hopefully it is not broken. You can function with broken fingers or broken arms because the broken part doesn't need to bend the way a wrist does, and can be held in one position by a cast. A wrist needs to flex.

But I wouldn't expect somebody hiding behind his computer to understand that, I suppose.

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
You clearly don't understand the potential difference between Bruschi's injury and Vrabel's, but of course, none of us know the extent of the injury.

A broken bone in the wrist is dehibilitating, while anyone can function with a broken support (secondary) bone in the arm.

Whole different ball of wax. Bruschi is no ****, and that has nothing to do with the fact that if his wrist really is broken, it will make him unable to take on two gap blocks using the correct technique. He won't be able to bend his wrist, or he will have to keep it permanently bent in a cast. He also will not be capable of making his big play catches which are what seperates him from a lot of other linebackers.

Hopefully it is not broken. You can function with broken fingers or broken arms because the broken part doesn't need to bend the way a wrist does, and can be held in one position by a cast. A wrist needs to flex.

But I wouldn't expect somebody hiding behind his computer to understand that, I suppose.

Oh, thanks doc.

I'm just saying it's early TC and this board is running around in flames. I thought it was also fractured as well? A fracture will heal up quicker than a break will.

I haven't seen every practice this year, but for the ones that I have seen, it's clear to me that on those days that I did see, Gardner is now second team strongside inside LB and Alexander is third team.

However I saw something very interesting I wanted to share. Maroney was carry the ball and as everybody knows by now, he can ramp it up very quickly. Gardner hit him from the side about 3 yards past the line of scrimmage. Maroney did not go down right away, but managed to get an arm on the ground and scrirm forward for 3 more yards.

A little later on, the Pats ran a similar play only this time Alexander was in there. He hit Maroney at about the same place, only this time Maroney was buried and fell over sideways, no extra yardage. After the play, BB came over to Alexander said something to him, Alexander started using his hands to demonstrate something to BB. BB shook his head no (several atimes) and took Alexander out and put Gardner back in.

Not sure what that was about, but Alexander did return to the defense a little later on.

BionicPatriot said:
Um, when the hell did McGinest turn down extension? Didn't Willie WANT to stay? And we didn't keep him.

The Pats offered Willie an extension after the end of the season. Willie turned it down because it wasn't enough money. This was well publicized in the weeks following Willie signing with the Browns.

BionicPatriot said:
Thats's a big reason why I'm not worried like I was last eyar. Can BB help TJ retiring in TC because of concussions? Can he help Bruschi having a stroke? No, he cant. However, he could help not re-signing McGinest. Unless BB has lost his mind, I think he knows how to evaluate his own defensive players.

Actually, Yes, BB can help TJ retiring before training camp and not being prepared to replace him. See, TJ would have been diagnosed with Post Concussion Syndrome at the end of year physicals. Could BB have helped about Bruschi? Nope. But he could have spent money differently to get someone like Ed Hartwell to be in the middle instead of Beisel.

As for the re-signing of McGinest. The Patriots did try to re-sign him, but McGinest rejected their offer and decided to go the way of free agency.

BionicPatriot said:
The bottomline is this. If BB feels Willie was done, I trust him. Ecspecially over alot of guys hiding behind keyboards. Also, so what, Bruschi has a fractured wrist. It's the start of TC and Vrabel friggin played with a broken arm. Bruschi is no ****, he'll be good to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaBruinz said:
The Pats offered Willie an extension after the end of the season. Willie turned it down because it wasn't enough money. This was well publicized in the weeks following Willie signing with the Browns.

Actually, Yes, BB can help TJ retiring before training camp and not being prepared to replace him. See, TJ would have been diagnosed with Post Concussion Syndrome at the end of year physicals. Could BB have helped about Bruschi? Nope. But he could have spent money differently to get someone like Ed Hartwell to be in the middle instead of Beisel.

As for the re-signing of McGinest. The Patriots did try to re-sign him, but McGinest rejected their offer and decided to go the way of free agency.

When did he turn something down? I don't remember that at all. And he can help TJ retiring? No, he can't. Johnson was expected to play that season, period. He retired in August. What could BB possibly do?

It's funny you bring up Hartwell. What's the one thing we hear about our defense? That it's a nightmare to learn. Vrabel was a non factor for his first two eyars, it took Bruschi time to. Be patient, give Beisel a chance, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back