PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LB Tracy White traded to Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Aiken and Woods play in game one their salary is guaranteed (I think). Perhaps that has something to do with it.

If we're making these moves for salary reasons in an uncapped year, then this is pretty stupid. It's not like these guys are making backbreaking salaries.

White's 8 year stats.

1 Sack
1 Interception
0 Fumbles Forced
3 Passes Defended

Someone please contact the HOF and tell them to save some space for this guy's stuff.

You left off 94 total Special Teams tackles. Can you make the HOF for special teams? Maybe your right. Maybe he does make it.

I'm not sure how you get can rid of Woods or even Alexander who know the system inside and out, and have performed on ST admirably, to sign this guy. Hopefully he can show something good.

Last edited:
If we're making these moves for salary reasons in an uncapped year, then this is pretty stupid. It's not like these guys are making backbreaking salaries.

In fairness to Kraft and his GM, the uncapped year isn't exactly a period of dynamic economic growth.

I agree with the consensus:
This trade makes no sense whatsoever.
This old JAG can't ever play defense here, and his ST "production" is no better than any of the 3 stiffs - Aiken, Alexander & Woods - whom Bill just released.

I hope White is released before next Sunday, so that a football player who has actual talent, size & experience playing an actual position can be signed. It's not like there's nobody out there now.

Picking up ST players and taking up an important roster spot, is getting totally ridiculous Aiken could give us more as a special teamer and some play at WR...this guy gives us nothing.
glad you think ST players are ridiculous..

White's 8 year stats.

1 Sack
1 Interception
0 Fumbles Forced
3 Passes Defended

Someone please contact the HOF and tell them to save some space for this guy's stuff.
Showing ignorance is quite good...I love it..

I agree with the consensus:
This trade makes no sense whatsoever.
This old JAG can't ever play defense here, and his ST "production" is no better than any of the 3 stiffs - Aiken, Alexander & Woods - whom Bill just released.

How do you know White can't play defense in Nickel situations for the Patriots?? Have you seen him line up there?

White's Special Teams production is better than Aiken, Alexander and Woods considering that White averaged over 16 ST tackles a year. I believe that Woods only got to 16 ONCE as a Patriot. A

I hope White is released before next Sunday, so that a football player who has actual talent, size & experience playing an actual position can be signed. It's not like there's nobody out there now.

You've proven time and again that your Football acumen is nothing compared to Belichick's. Were you complaining when the Pats signed Larry Izzo?

Ahh, I see this thread has morphed into Trust in BB v. WWBT (what was bill thinking)...never seen that before. :eek:

You've proven time and again that your Football acumen is nothing compared to Belichick's. Were you complaining when the Pats signed Larry Izzo?

You're comparing Tracy White to the Larry Izzo of 2001?

Now whose acumen needs to be challenged?

You're comparing Tracy White to the Larry Izzo of 2001?

Now whose acumen needs to be challenged?

Considering you have already shown you know nothing about Tracy White, how can you say anything to the contrary?

I don't think any of us know what White will be like! Seems to be a special teams ace; meaning we are going to see him there!

That is all we know.

Until we see:

A.) Whether he actually makes it

B.) How he's used

We really don't know who he's 'replacing', and we don't know whether the move was worth it or not. If he's the new Alexander, for example, that's a lot different than if he's going to be asked to take Burgess' pass rushing duties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back