PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LB Tracy White traded to Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe his entire career he has been exclusive special teams.

why make these moves so late. Couldn't we have made them earlier in the preseason? These guys will be lost if they have to play next week.

Page is an RFA who was holding out until this week. He can't play until week 3 or 4.. Until then, he's exempt from the roster.

Also, he may have been added because of injuries to McGowan or because the Pats could be moving Sanders.

As for White, he's a special teams guy. The Pats may have not been looking to add someone like him until they were sure that None of Woods, Alexander, etc, could step up..

What is the point in releasing two ST/back up LB guys in Woods and Alexander and then trading for a ST/Back up lb in White? Color me confused.

What is the point in releasing two ST/back up LB guys in Woods and Alexander and then trading for a ST/Back up lb in White? Color me confused.

Better quality?

I'm with you on this. At least Woods prooved he could play some as a backup when needed. White hasn't done anything but special teams. Very unlike the Patriot way. BB always likes versatility, but this is as opposite to versatility as you can get.???

I'm with you on this. At least Woods prooved he could play some as a backup when needed. White hasn't done anything but special teams. Very unlike the Patriot way. BB always likes versatility, but this is as opposite to versatility as you can get.???

Was not the LB I had in mind. They could have picked up Bobby Carpenter (LB) that just go released. Give him a try, please...

Makes no sense at all.... is he really better than Woods? Not to mention, Woods plays a position we were really weak at before today's cuts :confused:

If Aiken and Woods play in game one their salary is guaranteed (I think). Perhaps that has something to do with it.

On a side note I didn't see it posted yet but the Bengals acquired Reggie Nelson for one of their defensive backs.
Seems like a possible boom trade for them.
He can help the Bengals in zone have the range to cover Moss seems like a very hard game 1 for us.

Now Woods and Alexander were hardly worth a dime on defense but at least they played a role in STs and knew the system...we get rid of both of them to pick up an Eagle that has not seen our systems at all and with a week before the first game?

Makes no sense at all unless White has shown something as a pass rusher that BB liked

Now Woods and Alexander were hardly worth a dime on defense but at least they played a role in STs and knew the system...we get rid of both of them to pick up an Eagle that has not seen our systems at all and with a week before the first game?

Makes no sense at all unless White has shown something as a pass rusher that BB liked

Or BB decided Woods and Alexander sucked and he thought White was better.

Maybe he's decent in coverage like Davis was?

White has 94 career special teams tackles.

Based on getting some pretty decent contracts, according to Wiki, I'm thinking he's the replacement for Izzo and maybe Aiken wasn't quite up to snuff there.

Entirely my speculation.

I'd be happier with Woods. Seems odd. We spend the preseason getting the STs dialed in (aside from punt coverage) and now are looking at replacing some of the better performers we have. Wonder what happens to our promising KR unit.

Woods, Aiken and Alexander have had vocal proponents to be released for a while now.

Picking up ST players and taking up an important roster spot, is getting totally ridiculous Aiken could give us more as a special teamer and some play at WR...this guy gives us nothing.

If only BB had access to your keen football prowess, can someone gets BB''s cell #?

If only BB had access to your keen football prowess, can someone gets BB''s cell #?

I know I love how people are killing this guy, and havent even seen him play an NFL game. Im pretty sure BB and the player personnel staff, know if Tracy White can help this team more at this point than Alexander, Woods, Aiken etc. Belichick has coached them for the past 3 years, so I think he knows if their game is declining or someone who can be brought in will be an improvement. Its amazing to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots