PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LB Keith Rivers scheduled for private workout...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seneschal2

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Patriots | K. Rivers has private workout scheduled with team
Wed, 26 Mar 2008 14:42:44 -0700 Daniel Mogollon, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports University of Southern California LB Keith Rivers (ankle) has a private workout scheduled with the New England Patriots.
Also, in a related post:

NFL | K. Rivers not completely healed
Wed, 26 Mar 2008 14:40:45 -0700 Daniel Mogollon, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports University of Southern California LB Keith Rivers (ankle) is not completely healed from the right ankle injury he suffered while training at the 2008 NFL Scouting Combine. Rivers was only able to participate in the 225-pound bench press at the combine but said he feels like he is close enough to being healed and will be running the 40-yard dash, as well as the other combine drills, except the three-cone drill, at USC's Pro Day April 2.
---

IMHO, Rivers isn't a good fit for the Pats D. But he'll most likely be the first LB off the board (gone by 12).

Watching him in a few games, I like the other USC LB (Rey Megs) much better. I am not sold on Rivers being a 3 down LB for the Pats but think he could be an excellent 2nd and 3rd down LB. He might be ok if the D line (especially Wilfork) continue to eat up blockers but with the #7 pick I would take any of the OLB (Gholston, Harvey, Groves) or the top couple CBs (Jenkins, DRC, McKelvin) before Rivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes