Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

May 25, 2006
Pats release Loyd

The Patriots released linebacker Jeremy Loyd today. He was originally signed May 8 and was a longshot to make the 53-man roster.

Loyd spoke last week about how he had just attended the Dolphins' minicamp on a tryout when the Patriots called to work him out. He expressed excitement about joining the team after signing a one-year deal.

In 14 career games with the Rams, all of Loyd's playing time came on special teams. He had entered the league as a rookie free agent in 2003 out of Iowa State.

Loyd had been working as a weakside inside linebacker in New England's offseason program. Tedy Bruschi, Monty Beisel, Ryan Claridge, Barry Gardner, Eric Alexander, Larry Izzo, Don Davis and rookie free agents Freddie Roach and Corey Mays are other players on the Patriots' roster at inside linebacker. Mike Vrabel also has experience at that position.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 12:27:57 PM

Not really a large surprise....7 more need to go..so?? I am a bit surprised it was a vet and not a UDFA...but that happens.

NOW WHAT...WE ARE DOOOOMED!!!

home%20alone.gif

Did Ty Law get signed today? I thought that I saw a thread about that before I left the office. Now I can't find it anywhere- what happened?

PATSNUTme said:
Did Ty Law get signed today? I thought that I saw a thread about that before I left the office. Now I can't find it anywhere- what happened?
It was seemingly delteted - good for the mods. And, no, he didn't get signed. Hopeufully huskeralk got banned, though.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal.../reiss_pieces/

Quote:
May 25, 2006
Pats release Loyd

The Patriots released linebacker Jeremy Loyd today. He was originally signed May 8 and was a longshot to make the 53-man roster.

Loyd spoke last week about how he had just attended the Dolphins' minicamp on a tryout when the Patriots called to work him out. He expressed excitement about joining the team after signing a one-year deal.

In 14 career games with the Rams, all of Loyd's playing time came on special teams. He had entered the league as a rookie free agent in 2003 out of Iowa State.

Loyd had been working as a weakside inside linebacker in New England's offseason program. Tedy Bruschi, Monty Beisel, Ryan Claridge, Barry Gardner, Eric Alexander, Larry Izzo, Don Davis and rookie free agents Freddie Roach and Corey Mays are other players on the Patriots' roster at inside linebacker. Mike Vrabel also has experience at that position.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 12:27:57 PM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited:
BelichickFan said:
It was seemingly delteted - good for the mods. And, no, he didn't get signed. Hopeufully huskeralk got banned, though.

so it was one of those: putting a bag of dog **** by the door, setting it on fire, then ringing the doorbell, kind of threads?

PATSNUTme said:
so it was one of those: putting a bag of dog **** by the door, setting it on fire, then ringing the doorbell, kind of threads?
Yeah, basically a suject saying "Law Signed" then a post of "Well, did he ?" or something like that. A total joke that reflected badly on the board.

PromisedLand said:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I can't believe that I am about to make the 10th post in a thread about the cutting of Jeremy Lloyd!

It must be the dead time.

In Loyd we just cut our (2005) Mallard, but we still have our (2005) Beisel.

shakadave said:
In Loyd we just cut our (2005) Mallard, but we still have our (2005) Beisel.
Good analogy...(I think)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye