PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LB Chad Greenway (Iowa) Highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
re

Got it, thanks Tibbs.

WOW, that was a nice clip. Greenway is amazing. I really like his speed, tenacity, and his tackling. Greenway goes for the waist and legs, which I like a lot more than what I saw from the AJ Hawk, who seems to go for the chest or torso.

I don't agree with the faster, quicker Vrabel comparison. I know people say he's an OLB, but for some reason, I feel like he is more like Tedy Bruschi. Greenway looks like he has a HUGE motor, and great hands and quickness.

Last edited:
I think Chad will be gone by our pick. Eagles are looking for an OLB and who knows what other team might jump in. Hes a good player..good size and all but he has trouble getting off blocks sometimes. At best, he can be compared to a very underated Keith Bulluck.

To me he looks like a young Bronco Nagurski, but that's just me.

maverick4 said:
Got it, thanks Tibbs.

WOW, that was a nice clip. Greenway is amazing. I really like his speed, tenacity, and his tackling. Greenway goes for the waist and legs, which I like a lot more than what I saw from the AJ Hawk, who seems to go for the chest or torso.

I don't agree with the faster, quicker Vrabel comparison. I know people say he's an OLB, but for some reason, I feel like he is more like Tedy Bruschi. Greenway looks like he has a HUGE motor, and great hands and quickness.

That's because AJ Hawk knows how to properly tackle a player. Right in the numbers. I havent seen much of Greenway, and I have to admit that I like his speed and motor. But, if he always tackles like that (at the legs) then in the NFL he'll be eating some serious dirt.

Enough with these "projects" DEs... Give me a proven LB, and Greenway is as proven as it gets. I definitely hope this guy falls to us.

He does remind me alot of Mike Vrabel in that video as well. Might just be the way he celebrates with the horizontal fist pump and the white guy with white arm bands look, but I surely thought "Vrabel" while watching that.

Greenway is a "manamal". He won't last to 21 I don't believe. Wow, at 21 we could be choosing between Lawson, Carpenter, Cromartie, Williams, Marouney, White, Sims....... I hope BB and company are set on who they want there. I couldn't decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back