Welcome to PatsFans.com

LB & CB off the market

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by BPF, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BPF

BPF In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

2. patsgo

patsgo Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

looks like we are sitting put until the draft, i kind of liked last years off season , aggressive , and taking no prisoners, this year is back to bargain basement 1 year vet min. with guys with a history of injuries mainly webster , sanders, and williams, not very exciting

3. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +278 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

#7 overall is pretty exciting.

last year was the exception, We had a surplus of money from the increase in the salary cap the last few years and we used on some good talent. But the yearly inflation is no where near the bump the cap took from the new CBA.

4. captain stone

captain stone Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +333 / 60 / -40

No Jersey Selected

I was hoping that Chillar would be brought here for a workout, in order to gauge his possibilities at S/WILB.

The FO needs to sign at least one OLB - not named Chad Brown - and at least one ILB, plus Junior. The longer the FO waits, the shorter the list of available quality players becomes.

5. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +278 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

IMO, they are probably waiting until after the draft to make any more free agent moves. See what you get there before you spend more of your money. lets say they get 2 good LBs on in the first 3 rounds...You will feel better about not having wasted money and roster space.

Maybe a RFA because those have a deadline which is prior to the draft.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  6. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Seward??? Everyone LOVED last season because of the moves and it was agressive..but what MOST people fail to realize was that the players they signed last year were value signings... they did NOT overpay. It seems this year in the first weeks of FA, it was MORE teams overpaying. They did NOT overpay last year.. and will not do this...it is PART of their long strategy to only do that. The better teams have not made moves..I wonder why?? I would not think a FA signing wa sout of teh question at all...now or in teh next 3-4 weeks.

7. fgssand

fgssand PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -1

#17 Jersey

That's right - what was available this year was way overpriced, no value to be found at all, not too mention very little talent. Except, of course for the second year in a row NE signs the top free agent!!

There may be a few decent players come 6/1 but not too much.

Let's hope for a really wild draft day filled with great picks - both draft selections and other teams pockets!!

8. PatsFan37

PatsFan37 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1

#37 Jersey

Unless they make contract changes, like extending Brady, they have to watch the cap. #7 takes a lot of cap space. If they trade down or at least partly into next year, they'll have more room, but they can't count on that, or may not want to paint themselves into a corner where they have to trade down.

9. NePatriots

NePatriots PatsFans.com Draftnik PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Speaking of extending Brady -- I just wrote about that. You might be surprised at what we can / can't do.

This is an outside link, and it's my site for full disclosure.

Tom Brady's Cap Number

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.