PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LB Buster Davis, Florida State

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookBoston

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Watching FSU - Miami game tonight and Buster Davis is making a statement.

Some reasons to pay attention:
- he plays ILB in the FSU 4-3 front
- he can play at any LB position, but looks like a true ILB
- firey competitor
- Bruschi-like pressure on the QB
- solid tackling skills, can shed blocks to make the tackle, open field tackles
- quick
- the announcers say he's a film rat and very smart

Downside:
- listed as 5-10 240#, and his body shape looks like Larry Izzo... short and squat

If he was a little taller, he'd be a first rounder. I think he might be a quality player for the Pats in, say, the 3rd.

Last edited:
He does look great in this game. Same with Rolle, whom has similar off the field prowess. He'd never make to the Pats, though. Either he'll prove capable of safety and be swooped up, or a shift in paradigm for linebacker prototype will become a reality and he'll be swooped up even sooner. Either way, yes, he is interesting.

Along with RB Antone Smith, he was named the strongest pound for pound player on the FSU roster this spring. He is low to the ground but strong and solid. Bruschi is only 5'11 anyways...

He is more like a quicker version of Zach Thomas. Just all over the place. He only had 6 tackles for the game but was making the QB pee his pants quite a number of times.

drew4008 said:
Along with RB Antone Smith, he was named the strongest pound for pound player on the FSU roster this spring. He is low to the ground but strong and solid. Bruschi is only 5'11 anyways...

Bruschi is 6'2

But yeah, Buster was very impressive. A good player to keep our eye on. But that 5'11 height is definitely a concern. I've been watching linebackers specifically this first week and will continue to do so all year. One thing I notice is that they are all so small. Either short or light (P.Wheeler from GaTech. Great player but only like 220 lbs). I'm starting to see why the Pats stay away from LB's in the draft. Aren't there any good college linebackers who have NFL linebacker size?

First LB off the board in the 2007 NFL Draft, barring injury will be Patrick Willis MLB Ole Miss. This guy eventually will be selected in the top 5. He is real good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes