PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LB Bulluck Interested in Playing for Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
LB Bulluck Interested in Playing for Patriots?
By: Ian Logue

Although free agency hasn't started yet, once the NFL lockout comes to an end it sounds like there may be one player who could potentially be in contention for a job here in Foxboro if the front office decides he could fit into their scheme....

I don't really see where he fits - seems like strictly a 4-3 OLB.

The Patriots really don't need any old linebackers. At this point he'd be Chad Brown 2.0, especially since he can't play 3-4 OLB.

Bullock is a good smart football player. At the right price Bill Belichick will take every good smart football player he can get.

how much quickness off the edge does he still have?...that would be my primary concern...he's got the All Pro pedigree..smart and tough...at the least he'd bring attitude to the position

He is a 4-3 OLB not a 3-4 so he will be say guyton backup on 3rd down with his[Bulluck **thanks Joker] lack of speed

Last edited:
whose speed..? Guyton's lack of speed? just wondering...one can take what you posted a couple of ways...

Bulluck has a total of 1/2 sack total during the last four years. Thats an average of 1/8 sack per year over the last four seasons. Not sure that is what we are looking for.

At ILB, we are already stacked with Mayo,Spikes,Guyton, & Fletcher.

God Save Vereen

Why can't somebody like Mathias Kiwanuka be saying this instead?

I'd rather trade for a complete OLB with speed who can both stop the run and cover, like Manny Lawson. Or alternatively trade for Corwin Barwin.

he's a ILB in the pats system and the pats are pretty much set at ILB so i realy dont see him sgining with the pats

I'd rather trade for a complete OLB with speed who can both stop the run and cover, like Manny Lawson. Or alternatively trade for Corwin Barwin.

I like Lawson, however I just worry that he might be a little light too hold up on the outside. Kiwanuka, if he checks out medically, would be a nice fit.

Kiwanuka is restricted right?

Whats the price for him? A second and third?

I too, think that Lawson has the potential to be coached up here, as Belichick would find a way to utilize his skills nicely. I would be on board with this idea, although I think some are leery of his somewhat under performing yrs in the league so far. I think it all depends on what you ask of him, and the surrounding environment, and I think both of those factors could be a plus in NE.

stupid lockout. :mad:

I wanted Bulluck last year, not so much because he was going to join the team and be an all-pro but more of to mentor the younger players a la Alge Crumpler. We had too many 4th quarter let downs. This team needed some leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes