PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LB Bobby Carpenter coming back to Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are lucky he was available.

I was among those wondering why the team did not have a strong fourth LB, but six or seven DE's and another half dozen DT's. This is a better balance to the defense.

Carpenter proved able to play this defense across the three LB positions, and as noted is a good coverage linebacker. Maybe not Phifer, but should be a strong addition. Welcome back.

Carpenter doesn't ven need to be a "strong" addition. He just needs to be a better choice to be play linebacker than one of Niko or Tracy White.

I agree that an additional linebacker provides better balance. Tarp was another available choice, but IMHO Carpenter is a better one.

We are lucky he was available.

I was among those wondering why the team did not have a strong fourth LB, but six or seven DE's and another half dozen DT's. This is a better balance to the defense.

Carpenter proved able to play this defense across the three LB positions, and as noted is a good coverage linebacker. Maybe not Phifer, but should be a strong addition. Welcome back.

I like the way BB continually tinkers with the roster, it would appear that it would motivate those who are close to the bottom of the 53 to do their job well.

Did he sign yet? I'm sure BB wants to get him in here ASAP for practice and as game ready as possible. Good thing is he was here and has a feel for our D.

Was confirmed about 20 minutes ago on twitter! McLain (sp?) released:

Patriots Re-Sign LB Bobby Carpenter, Add TE Alex Silvestro to Practice Squad; Release 2: Patriots Re-Sign LB Bobby Carpenter, Add TE Alex Silvestro to the Practice Squad; Release Two

https://twitter.com/Patriots/status/253484266967691266

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe
Mankins returns, Hightower practices. Gronkowski, Hernandez, Hoomanawanui, Edelman and Gregory absent.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

I never understood why Carpenter was cut in the first place....he had a good off-season...it doesnt hurt having another capable linebacker

especially a linebacker who can play in coverage..if you can play him situationally(like on 3rd and long when they are going to pass) isntead of Spikes it might not be a bad idea

Last edited:
Here comes the Shadow Roster, to the rescue. First Branch, Koutouvides, now Carpenter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes