PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lawyer Milloy cut!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milloy wouldn't make this roster, Adams OTOH could be great in a rotation with Wilfolk. IMO the big guys are more effective when they rotate.

spacecrime said:
How?

Because he isn't that good?

Because he did squat with the Bills?

Because of what he said after he left here. The Pats would have zero prode and zero self-respect to even consider taking him back.

BTW, how's that "We're a family here" working out for you, Lawyer? Guess the Bills cut players, too, huh?

I hope no one picks him up.

Did squat? I have never heard 170 tackles from a safety in one season classified as squat. I would take him back in a heartbeat. What he said was nothing more than sour grapes and he's not the only player that would say something like that. These guys are extremely proud and to be just outright cut like that has to hurt especially when you're at the top of your game.

patsfan13 said:
Milloy wouldn't make this roster, Adams OTOH could be great in a rotation with Wilfolk. IMO the big guys are more effective when they rotate.

Milloy wouldn't make this roster? You aren't by chance one of the people that said Ray Lewis wouldn't make this roster either are you? After Harrison and Wilson, we have nobody of significance at Safety. Milloy would at least be our 3rd. best safety on the roster and would for sure be starting early in the season while Harrison is on the mend. In the unfortunate event that Harrison can't come back, I would be much more confident with Milloy in his place as opposed to James Sanders or Gus Scott. Thankfully, I don't think Belichick holds a grudge against his players nearly as bad as some fans do.

Yeah, the hell with it...let's bring back Bledsoe too

patsfan13 said:
Adams will have better offers with Cleveland or Frisco who will be paying him to start while he's vet minimum for the Pats to spell Vince.

How many different starters did we have at strong safety last year? There were weeks where I for one, had no idea who would play the position on any given week. A thought. Stone? Freeman? Hawkins?

Joker said:
Yeah, the hell with it...let's bring back Bledsoe too

The difference is, we don't need Bledsoe. Milloy on the other hand would be a very useful addition.

Give it up...I get it....you STILL have your Lawyer jersey....here's a newsflash that you can take to the bank....Lawyer Milloy will NEVER be a Patriot again...unless he comes back to get his number retired...which has about a 1 in a million chance of happening.

Remember this board was devestated, like myself that Milloy got realeased .. How that that turn out?? how did letting Tebuckey Jones go to the Saints for a third round draft choice turn out.. Point is , they are no longer good. Dont live in the past ,live in the future... Milloy is no longer a good saftey let alone a all pro..

Joker said:
Give it up...I get it....you STILL have your Lawyer jersey....here's a newsflash that you can take to the bank....Lawyer Milloy will NEVER be a Patriot again...unless he comes back to get his number retired...which has about a 1 in a million chance of happening.

No, I never owned a Milloy jersey and I was one of the people who was pissed about the way he left. That being said, I do realize that he could help this team immensely given the rough shape our secondary is in right now.

Sean Pa Patriot said:
Remember this board was devestated, like myself that Milloy got realeased .. How that that turn out?? how did letting Tebuckey Jones go to the Saints for a third round draft choice turn out.. Point is , they are no longer good. Dont live in the past ,live in the future... Milloy is no longer a good saftey let alone a all pro..

Milloy is no longer an All Pro but he's still good. Good enough that as long as Rodney is injured he would be starting at SS for us.

huskeralk said:
Did squat? I have never heard 170 tackles from a safety in one season classified as squat. I would take him back in a heartbeat. What he said was nothing more than sour grapes and he's not the only player that would say something like that. These guys are extremely proud and to be just outright cut like that has to hurt especially when you're at the top of your game.

Where the hell did you get that stat? Not at NFL.com.

No way the Pats take Milloy back. He burned his bridges on the way out, much like Law did.

huskeralk said:

I'm sorry, which season did Milloy get 170 tackles? I think you got a case of dyslexia and meant to type 107 tackles. And, I'm sorry, when the opposing offenses run 503 passing attempts completing completing 314 of them (62.1%) for 3291 yards ( 10.48 YPR) and 489 rushing attempts gaining 4.5 YPC and 137.7 YPG, your stats are going to be inflated.

Sorry, but I don't see how Lawyer Milloy is all that. Especially if you read Patriot Reign.

huskeralk said:
No, I never owned a Milloy jersey and I was one of the people who was pissed about the way he left. That being said, I do realize that he could help this team immensely given the rough shape our secondary is in right now.

How could Milloy help this team immensely? Artrell Hawkins could outrun him. Hawkins, who isn't great in coverage anymore is still better than Milloy.

RayClay said:
Where the hell did you get that stat? Not at NFL.com.

Just read it in an article, I now know it's wrong. He was second on the team in tackles though.

DaBruinz said:
I'm sorry, which season did Milloy get 170 tackles? I think you got a case of dyslexia and meant to type 107 tackles. And, I'm sorry, when the opposing offenses run 503 passing attempts completing completing 314 of them (62.1%) for 3291 yards ( 10.48 YPR) and 489 rushing attempts gaining 4.5 YPC and 137.7 YPG, your stats are going to be inflated.

Sorry, but I don't see how Lawyer Milloy is all that. Especially if you read Patriot Reign.

I read Patriot Reign and I never said he was all that. I just feel he's still alot better than what we have on this team now other than Harrison and Wilson of course.

huskeralk said:
I read Patriot Reign and I never said he was all that. I just feel he's still alot better than what we have on this team now other than Harrison and Wilson of course.

I don't think Milloy can make this team. His name value far outweighs his talent, and it goes back to his Patriot days.

dryheat44 said:
I don't think Milloy can make this team. His name value far outweighs his talent, and it goes back to his Patriot days.

I will admit that his skills have severly diminished but do you really think Sanders and Scott are better than him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back