PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lawson, Kiwanuka, J. Williams and Cromartie

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I believe the only five players possibly available and worth taking as high as #21 are Manny Lawson, Mathias Kiwanuka, Jimmy Williams, Chad Jackson and Antonio Cromartie, the latter dependant on his medical information. They all are potential all-pro players. Other players, like Greenway, Carpenter or Marshall, I would trade down and lie in wait for at the bottom of rd 1 and the top of rd 2. I think Kiwanuka would become a monster with proper strength and technique training in years 2-3, and would still be an excellent situational pass rusher in year 1. I think Williams is ****y, but he is also potentially great. I think Lawson is a project like Kiwanuka. And Cromartie could be the best corner in the NFL in 3 years if he proves durable. I believe any other player, barring the unforseen dropping of a player like Michael Huff, would be a reach at #21. So I've narrowed my pool down to five: Kiwi, Lawson, Jackson, Williams and Cromartie.

Kiwi will go into the 2nd round..Lawson??? May may not be available..WIlliams, Jackson and Cromartie will be gone...Not sure about Kiwi..and Lawson though..

Lawson can be pick either at 20 or at 30 or 40. There is not drop-off in talent between 20th and early 40th spots. So, who knows.

Kiwanuka will be a bust

Kiwi had a great career at BC but he won't be as effective at the Pro level. He was eaten up at the Senior Bowl by fellow "rookie" OT's. Lets put it this way Virginia RT Brad Butler moved over to LT to take the place of D'Brickshaw Ferguson's place for the BC game. Butler ate Kiwi's lunch all game. Yes, his cheap shot block may be a reason wht Kiwi is not as effective. However, if you take away that play you will have seen Butler dominating Kiwiw all game.

Butler will go undrafted! Wouldn't mind seeing Butler in a Patriots uni next season.

Mark Morse said:
Kiwi had a great career at BC but he won't be as effective at the Pro level. He was eaten up at the Senior Bowl by fellow "rookie" OT's. Lets put it this way Virginia RT Brad Butler moved over to LT to take the place of D'Brickshaw Ferguson's place for the BC game. Butler ate Kiwi's lunch all game. Yes, his cheap shot block may be a reason wht Kiwi is not as effective. However, if you take away that play you will have seen Butler dominating Kiwiw all game.

Butler will go undrafted! Wouldn't mind seeing Butler in a Patriots uni next season.

I would never want to see that cheap shotting POS Brad Butler in a Pats uni. I'll boo him every Sunday. If Kiwi is there in the second round, the Pats should grab him

I have seen the majority of Kiwanuka's games over the last three years. Going by your logic Mario Williams should be 6th rd pick because he was owned by Eastern Kentucky's offensive tackle (he registered a single assisted tackle for the whole game). Apparently, despite the fact you watched the game against Virginia, you missed one of the most important things about it: Kiwanuka was already wearing a knee brace before the cheap shot.
http://media.putfile.com/CheapShotUVa_Kiwi25
I am impressed with his willingness and ability to play hurt, despite the bad tape he knew scouts would see. Toward the end of the year against Maryland and NCState, when his health had improved he was dominant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back