PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Law's Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAW IN ORDER

Banned
Reaction score
Law and BB will get this deal done to all the Law haters yes he was wrong for the way he acted but you all know that the 3 best corners in the league are LAW, Bailey, McCallister, all pro-bowl vets enough said can't wait for mel mitchell to hand that#24 over to LAW

LAW IN ORDER said:
Law and BB will get this deal done to all the Law haters yes he was wrong for the way he acted but you all know that the 3 best corners in the league are LAW, Bailey, McCallister, all pro-bowl vets enough said can't wait for mel mitchell to hand that#24 over to LAW

I think Law would be great on this team and add a lot of skill and leadership to the defensive backfield.

Yeaaaa, another Ty Law thread!

You couldn't drop this jewel of wisdom in one of the 10 other Ty Law threads?

No way on god's green earth is Law the 3rd. best corner anymore. He is still good however and I would be happy to see him back.

LAW IN ORDER said:
Could I interest you in a period?

Patjew said:

Damn Jewish guys always wanting to sell someone something. :)

ps- Just kidding.

Jacky Roberts said:
Damn Jewish guys always wanting to sell someone something. :)

ps- Just kidding.
Have to pay for those new season tickets somehow.

LAW IN ORDER said:
Law and BB will get this deal done. To all the Law haters, yes he was wrong for the way he acted, but you all know that the 3 best corners in the league are LAW, Bailey, McCallister, all pro-bowl vets. Enough said. Can't wait for Mel Mitchell to hand that#24 over to LAW.

Law did have a visit and physical at Foxboro but left without a contract.
Translation: He's not coming back.

I don't hate Ty Law, but he is what he is, a mercenary, who on the heels of a SBC, spewed public venom at his coach and exhausted all of his goodwill in the process.

Ty Law is not even in the top-5 of CBs. Yes, he's had 10 INTs but he's been flagged too much and allows too many completions. Moreover, I doubt whether Law still has the speed to cover deep.

At least Mel Mitchell won't call the greatest coach in the modern NFL a "liar".

BTW, consider the punctuation courtesy of good 'ol Christian Charity. ;)

LAW IN ORDER said:
Deangelo Hall might be better than all three of those.

Law is still better than any CB we have. Best cover man we have. He called BB a liar..okay well he might have lied so let it be. He has his rights. He didnt threaten BB or do something to hurt him. Freedom of speech. Flagged too many times? A little slow? He was out of football for so long before last year and hadnt been able to run and practice..simply lift and watch TV and hope the rehab goes a little quicker. Hes likely in better shape. Maybe Patriots wont use him at CB? Maybe it'll be Hobbs and Samuels with safeties being Law and Harrison. Law can certainly play Free..hes not as fast as many young CBs but fast enough to play S. Hes got ball skills..look at Troy Vincent. He did alright at FS after a great career at CB. So he took a physical and left without contract..usually physical doesnt come out of contracts unless they tried him out already. Physical is a physical. You come in, get checked out, see that your not injured and are healthy enough to play football..measurements and such. I would love Ty Law back. Hes one of my favorites and even with all you going against him after he was dissapointed, I really dont care. I know Law can keep his mouth shut..he wont cause trouble. If he accepts a contract we offer..that means hes satisfied with it..he'll play Football. Thats what he'll be doing..coming and giving us experience, skill and leadership. Dont say you threw out all memories..SB TD..3 picks against Manning and so much more hes done to us..your turning on him for calling BB a liar? For wanting money. He was never really paid much here even when he was a top tier CB. He was a top 3 while he was here and wasnt paid..eventually he said..Look coach..i've played well..im a veteran..i deserve a little more respect in my salary. If Brady did the same..and was cut or traded..years later hes a FA .. you say same thing you said about Law or you take him because he was a top QB..he was a big part in winning championships. Dont say were fine without Law yet. Sure we did well end of season last year but without experience and leadership..were nothing at DB. Without Harrison or Law..we arent as good as we are capable of being. We let up so many passing yards in the SB. End of season..we got red hot but we didnt verse top offenses besides Bucs really..all the QBs were inexperienced..pressure came. Imagine how good Hobbs can be after some help from a guy like Law..he could be a future top CB. Law can help a lot of ways. I dont agree with giving $10 mill but respect him and give him $5-6 million.

Patjew said:

Or at least a comma?

Last edited by a moderator:
LAW IN ORDER said:
Yes but could we stretch this to three threads..We dont have nearly enough different ty law threads...Hey maybe I should make this post a new thread!

Brady-To-Branch said:
Law did have a visit and physical at Foxboro but left without a contract.
Translation: He's not coming back.

I don't hate Ty Law, but he is what he is, a mercenary, who on the heels of a SBC, spewed public venom at his coach and exhausted all of his goodwill in the process.

Ty Law is not even in the top-5 of CBs. Yes, he's had 10 INTs but he's been flagged too much and allows too many completions. Moreover, I doubt whether Law still has the speed to cover deep.

At least Mel Mitchell won't call the greatest coach in the modern NFL a "liar".

BTW, consider the punctuation courtesy of good 'ol Christian Charity. ;)
are you nutz he is a top 5 what league are you watching

LAW IN ORDER said:
are you nutz he is a top 5 what league are you watching

Please enlighten us to the stats that you use as the basis for your rankings.

Last edited:
deanglo hall could not even tackle graham in that game

LAW IN ORDER said:
deanglo hall could not even tackle graham in that game
ha ok you win. Either Hall had a bad game or Law is a better tackler.

Based on last year's stats, you'd have to say he was top five last year. C'mon... 10 picks? Please. Even with the 3 off Holcomb at the end of the year, he still had 7... and 7 INTs is a helluva season.

The QUESTION is whether he can repeat that performance at his age. Dunno... but I wouldn't bet against it.

If he lost some of the fat he showed last season then maybe I would consider him but boy was he sloppy last season. He looked very bloated.

Bring Him Back So I Can Unretire My Lucky Jersey Has Been To All 3 Sb's Yes Bring Him Back !!

Last edited:
Ty Law and BB

Who is the persuer and who is the persuee?????

Does Ty Law want back and has he instructed the Poston's to divulge bits of information to the press????? Are the Posaton's using New England so that KC or Tennessee will get off the pot and make a rediculous offer????
All prices being fair, would BB take Ty back????

Who is driving the bus on these Ty Law stories, because I feel like we've circled the block for the 100th time on this??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down