PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Law signs with Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
its PR move and mind games played by the jets. iam sure he was agreed to the jets last week or before(possibly even practiced last week covertly) but was announced and signed today.

=========================================================

Mind games maybe, I wonder what BB thinks of this?

I don't think Mangini cares about PR at this point of the season.

I fail to see the humor in this BOR. I cannot believe the epic arrogance of this move. Who is The Real Fredo now.

LMAO I can't believe this move...I'm totally p*ssed!

On a more discussion-oriented note, has BB been one-upped?

This is pretty depressing even if he has lost a bit over the years. So many great memories from his time here :(

Any idea how much he signed for??

A quote from Law,“This is going to be different playing Thursday night against the Patriots, matching up against my former team and the players I’m used to practicing against,”

Can someone tell me a single player he is gonna have to cover that was with the Pats when he was?? I hope they throw at him all day long...make him wish he stayed unemployed.

I hope this one game and the last 6 of the season are worth the cap HELL the jets are gonna be in for the next 4 years.

The only players that Law has "practiced against" would be Matt Light, Dan Koppen, Stephen Neal, and Kevin Faulk. None of the others were a part of the offense when Law was last on the team.

EDIT: Removed Cassel after being reminded that Cassel wasn't there until 2005 and that Law was gone by then

Last edited:
Matt Cassel was drafted in 05, the same offseason Law went to the Jets the first time, so he never practiced against him. And even if he had, Cassel's gotten a little experience since then.

Last edited:
Great googley-moogely! He was cut by the CHEFS!.

Anyone who seriously considers him to be a solid corner or safety needs some time out. If good ol' Herm Edwards thought he wasn't going to be useful to HIM, what does that say about Fredo's grasp of reality? What, is he turning into a young Al Davis?

It's not about that though. It's more about the psycology of that move-it's totally In Your Face. LOL BOR is right; the chess match continues. Nevermind the fact that's a position we could use a Ty F*n Law right about now.

Mea Culpa:p

Wow! you think Magini wants to win Thursday Nights Game? I know two things TY Law Cannot Guard Wes Welker or Randy Moss! The Jets know they are in trouble if we sweep them in the Division. One thing Mangini is forgetting though TY Law doesn't play Offense and Brett two picks a Game Favre is his QB...nuff said.

I just don't understand why the Patriots did not do more to get him or D. Hall.
Ty Law can play both safety and ornerback , 2 areas of critical need for the Patriots.

Looks like the Patriots FO was outmaneuvered, unless they truly believe he sucks and is done

Seems like this will give the JETS a big emotional lift
If the Jets need Law for a big emotional lift for this game, they're in deep trouble. Let's wait and see if Ty looks like Mo Vaughn.

The only players that Law has "practiced against" would be Matt Light, Dan Koppen, Stephen Neal, and Kevin Faulk. None of the others were a part of the offense when Law was last on the team.

EDIT: Removed Cassel after being reminded that Cassel wasn't there until 2005 and that Law was gone by then

Evan practicing against those guys, this team is so different then the teams he played with....the protection schemes, the blocking, even Kevin Faulk role...all were different...

Im just pissed about this and his stupid words that make no sense just aggravate me more. What a garbage move by Law...he has to know he is being used as a tool of annoyance, not for his skills..

Makes me appreciate Troy Brown even more...Im gonna go buy a Brown jersey, and its not just because they are on clearance :D

This will be Laws second go around as a Jet, time to dust off the old jersey.

Yeah, he looked ridiculous in green -- how many times was he called for pass interference with the Green Beans? Screw him. I hope he fails miserably and is on the field Thursday night so we can boo him into oblivion.

good, i hope they stick him on welker. he will extend his nfl record another game

Yeah, he looked ridiculous in green -- how many times was he called for pass interference with the Green Beans? Screw him. I hope he fails miserably and is on the field Thursday night so we can boo him into oblivion.

================================================

In 05 Law led the league in INTs and I believe made the Pro Bowl, he also led the Jets with the most penalties, several of which lost the Jets games.

so far in 2008, Law has led the league in couch potato time and gorging on fritos and ice cream

I like the quote:

“This is going to be different playing Thursday night against the Patriots, matching up against my former team and the players I’m used to practicing against.”

He played for the Jets in 2005. How much of the offense a cornerback actually cares about was here in 2004? Brady, and he's out. A couple of lineman. In short, nobody relevant to how he will play defense.

He also said "I know they’re going to throw at me, but I welcome the challenge — bring it. I got the tricks for you." Time to give him the Duane Starks treatment. I expect his "tricks" will be talking to the receiving corps, telling them they are under-appreciated, and telling them to demand more money as is necessary to "feed their families." We may lose Moss and Welker to contract disputes after this game. Oh, the humanity!

DaBruinz - you ticked off Law and he went to the Jets. If this costs us the game, you will get the goat of the week award.:)

Last edited:
================================================

... he also led the Jets with the most penalties, several of which lost the Jets games.

And three years later you're glad to have him back? Sounds like the interceptions and penalties canceled each other out. What is Tubby Ratfink thinking?

I doubt very much whether Ty Law will have ANY positive effect for the game on Thurday. However I would have been very happy if he signed with the Pats and would LOVE to know the behind the scenes stuff that led him to choose the Jets over the Pats. Was it money? Was it spite? Was it playing time? etc.

Its easy to dismiss Law, especially since his signing came so late in the season and that he's had NO training camp. However, IF it had been the Pats who had signed him, I would have been thrilled because not only would he have improved the Pats depth at BOTH CB and S, he would have added an experienced head to an ever DECREASING experienced secondary. Also Law is one of the smartest players to play in the defensive backfield in recent years. So while I'm sure his PHYSICAL skills have decreased, he would have been a help to the Pats is certain situations.

Just an aside. I can't help but think that if Law had chosen to come back to the Pats after his sojourn to the Jets and Chiefs, he would have gone down as one of the all time Pats and found a place in the Pats HOF eventually and would have earned him a place among Pats fandom similar to Troy Brown. Now he might just get into the HOF or the Pats HOF, but I can't help but think that in some way THIS signing is burning a few bridges.

Now it COULD be that the Pats felt that, like John Lynch, he JUST couldn't do the job anymore. BUT if it turns out that he still CAN play, and the Pats WERE in the bidding to get him, there can be no other conclusion that the Pats FO were outmaneuvered, or Law had some long standing grudge against the Pats and WOULDN'T sign here.

Lol Law is gonna get severely booed at his Pats hall of fame induction

I doubt very much whether Ty Law will have ANY positive effect for the game on Thurday. However I would have been very happy if he signed with the Pats and would LOVE to know the behind the scenes stuff that led him to choose the Jets over the Pats. Was it money? Was it spite? Was it playing time? etc.

Its easy to dismiss Law, especially since his signing came so late in the season and that he's had NO training camp. However, IF it had been the Pats who had signed him, I would have been thrilled because not only would he have improved the Pats depth at BOTH CB and S, he would have added an experienced head to an ever DECREASING experienced secondary. Also Law is one of the smartest players to play in the defensive backfield in recent years. So while I'm sure his PHYSICAL skills have decreased, he would have been a help to the Pats is certain situations.

Just an aside. I can't help but think that if Law had chosen to come back to the Pats after his sojourn to the Jets and Chiefs, he would have gone down as one of the all time Pats and found a place in the Pats HOF eventually and would have earned him a place among Pats fandom similar to Troy Brown. Now he might just get into the HOF or the Pats HOF, but I can't help but think that in some way THIS signing is burning a few bridges.

Now it COULD be that the Pats felt that, like John Lynch, he JUST couldn't do the job anymore. BUT if it turns out that he still CAN play, and the Pats WERE in the bidding to get him, there can be no other conclusion that the Pats FO were outmaneuvered, or Law had some long standing grudge against the Pats and WOULDN'T sign here.

As far as I'm concerned, Law's signing with the Green Beans shows who/what he is: mercenary for hire to the highest bidder. He could have come here and grabbed a piece of immortality by setting the team int. record, but he just proved that he's no Troy Brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes