PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Law New England Bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAW IN ORDER

Banned
Reaction score
According To Tommy Curan, Law's Return Is Very Near And Bb Is In Talks He Took A Phyiscal I Mean Come On

Last edited by a moderator:
He took a physical for the other teams too...

Misleading thread titles are silly. Especially when they have no new information. That he signed a physcical with several teams was discussed in other threads.

Also, here's what Curran said:

01:00 AM EDT on Tuesday, May 16, 2006
BY TOM E. CURRAN
Journal Sports Writer

FOXBORO -- The Patriots are interested in Ty Law , but the veteran cornerback's return to the team is not "imminent," according to a source.

http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/projo_20060516_16pats.128f9892.html

Source? Or just your personal wish?

pats1 said:
Source? Or just your personal wish?
Evidently just B.S - for now - unfortunately.

Making falsified titles should be illegal.

LAW IN ORDER said:
According To Tommy Curan, Law's Return Is Very Near And Bb Is In Talks He Took A Phyiscal I Mean Come On

NOT Imminent.

im·mi·nent Audio pronunciation of "imminent" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (m-nnt)
adj.

About to occur; impending: in imminent danger.

Last edited by NEM : 08-31-2005 at 09:03 AM., (I blame NEM.:eek: )

Last edited:
drew4008 said:
Making falsified titles should be illegal.
Deleting the thread and banning the poster should be the penalty.

LAW IN ORDER said:

I have zero respect for that jackass if he comes back to the Pats.

Law Says Patriots Lied to Him

Saturday, March 13, 2004
Updated: March 14, 3:08 PM ET

The "bridge is burned." All-Pro cornerback Ty Law does not want to play another game for the Patriots.

Citing "irreconcilable differences," Law said he has told Patriots coach Bill Belichick and vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli his desire to play somewhere else after being "lied to" about their intentions, according to the Boston Globe.

"Right now, it's not about money," Law told the Globe this week. "That bridge is burned. I no longer want to be a Patriot. I can't even see myself putting on that uniform again, that's how bad I feel about playing here."

its okay. Law would be welcomed here by EVERYONE after getting his first INT

Remix 6 said:
I never took that contract stuff personally. Law is one of the all-time warriors and I would love him back here, where he belongs. I don't begrudge him his coin, either. He deserves to be paid what he's worth.

Remix 6 said:

Speak for yourself.

Also, does Ty Law's mom really need to be starting threads here?

Ritcher..dont tell me Law wouldnt be able to help us. Dont tell me he wasnt 1 of the favorites around here. Dont tell me he wasnt a big part of the SB runs we made. Law will be in better shape because hes healthy unlike last off season. Hes got the veteran presense. Hes better than the DBs we got..hes got few years in him and can make transition to FS in future incase we ever need him there. He can definatley teach Hobbs a few things too. We all have a little soft spot from what Law said about us and his money. We didnt pay him like other top 5 CBs were..he deserved it. If Brady was to ever ask for money again and didnt get how much he wanted and said BB is a liar..would that make you against Brady? If Beoli really felt like we do..why would he talk to him? Hes trying to clear things up..see how Law feels .. he understood Law's anger im sure. If he felt like we didnt..he wouldnt get near him but he knows Law better than that.

We didnt pay him like other top 5 CBs were..he deserved it

You're kidding right. Law had the, I think it was, 7 yrs. $49 mil. contract he signed in '98. That was obscene money and for a few years he didn't live up to it's expectations. Only in the last few years he was here did he start to play better.

If Brady was to ever ask for money again and didnt get how much he wanted and said BB is a liar..would that make you against Brady?

That would never happen. Brady has more class in one eye lash than Law does in his entire family. If Brady were pissed he would go about it the way grown professionals do and not go on a temper tantrum like a 5 year old.

Last edited:
Remix 6 said:
Ritcher..dont tell me Law wouldnt be able to help us. Dont tell me he wasnt 1 of the favorites around here. Dont tell me he wasnt a big part of the SB runs we made. Law will be in better shape because hes healthy unlike last off season. Hes got the veteran presense. Hes better than the DBs we got..hes got few years in him and can make transition to FS in future incase we ever need him there. He can definatley teach Hobbs a few things too. We all have a little soft spot from what Law said about us and his money. We didnt pay him like other top 5 CBs were..he deserved it. If Brady was to ever ask for money again and didnt get how much he wanted and said BB is a liar..would that make you against Brady? If Beoli really felt like we do..why would he talk to him? Hes trying to clear things up..see how Law feels .. he understood Law's anger im sure. If he felt like we didnt..he wouldnt get near him but he knows Law better than that.
Don't get caught up in the Law-haters. It's pointless, like a dog chasing its tail. Some have already rationalized away his 3-int effort in the AFCCG as "nothing special". 'he was in zone coverage most of the time!" "He should have let the ball drop... it was 4th down!" etc. I know that if BB didn't appreciate Law's ability and his character he wouldn't have been talking to him last offseason and this offseason and that's good enough for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remix 6 said:

I don't recall saying any of that. I do recall saying that not everyone here would cheer for him if he was resigned and picked a ball off.

Didn't know how many of Ty's family members posted here...

Also, just because the Ty, his agents or the media says he and BB have been talking, doesn't mean much. For all you know, it could be Ty approaching BB, and BB saying "thanks, but no thanks". Stop jumping to conclusions.

How long will it take to accept Pioli's statement that the Pats are not collecting talented players, they are building a team.

You simply do not improve a team by signing the most talented players. Law may be more talented than our current CBs but that does not mean the team will be better with him on it.

A good team is synergistic. The whole is better than the sum of its parts.

If the best team was the team with the most talented players, the Rams would have won SB XXXVI.

If you can accept Pioli;s concept, next consider BB's: It is better to let a palyer go a year too early rather than a year too late.

If Law is signed, it will be because BB believes that Law fits into the current team, not because Law caught ten passes last year. If he played good defense, BB will surely go after him, I'm sure. If BB feels that Law free-lanced too much and would detract from the Pats team defense, then Law will end up somewhere else.

One thing I doubt BB will do is make an offer, because he knows that Law will take the offer and use it as a bargaining chip for other teams to get more $$$.

For Law to get here, the Postons will have to make an offer that the Pats find acceptable. That is perhaps a huge reason why it is unlikely Law will make the team.

Law approaching BB? Im sure thats why BB is still talking with Law and give him a physical. BB would of simply called it off and said forget it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back