PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Law Firm

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

matt1073

What happened to BJGE. Last time I saw him he had 100 yards rushing against the bills, and then his carries get reduced. I know Jordan got healthy but wouldn't BB give the ball to the guy thats actually been on the field as compared to jordan who was sidelined for like 10 games.

It is a numbers game, Faulk. Morris.. and Jordan were the 3 healthy active backs along with Evans.. cannot tie up an active spot with another RB.. nothing against BJGE.. but these guys are better.

It is a numbers game, Faulk. Morris.. and Jordan were the 3 healthy active backs along with Evans.. cannot tie up an active spot with another RB.. nothing against BJGE.. but these guys are better.

yea, i thought BJ did great as well, but the other guys on the roster are all mcuh better then him

I think too, it was a value and big-games thing. These guys all have better experience for various situations and Morris and Faulk are both special teamers whereas BJGE isn't.

I'd expect him to replace someone next year on the roster, unless we go with 5 backs. Honestly, all those guys looked good this year, and I don't see BJGE making it to the practice squad.

Law firm was the team's #5 running back. I know people like to consider what he did to have been an epic accomplishment on a par with being the first man to circumnavigate the Earth, but the reality is that he was fortunate enough to run in a game where the offensive line had finally been establishing its ability to run block. His actual yards per attempt this season was only 3.7.

Slightly OT:

What's far more interesting to me, but will never be known, is that question of what sort of numbers Maroney could have put up behind that line if he'd been healthy this season. Belichick's opinion of what that question's answer would ahve been will very likely be the deciding factor in whether or not LoMo is back this year. I'm looking at RB and TE to be the two positions with the greatest likelihood of a 'big' move made, along with the team looking for an upgrade over Gaffney.

Yea I know what you guys are saying thogh I BJGE comes back next year and makes a bigger ompact

He was a great story, coming on to help the team from the practice squad.
However, he was noticeably less productive than Morris, Jordan, and Faulk.

Behind the same line, in the same offense:

Yards per carry
Faulk - 6.1
Morris - 4.7
Jordan - 4.5
BJGE - 3.7

If the other three are available, you go with them.

Agreed. I suspect he stays around to develop, as he seems very likely to get better with time.

BJGE was active for 9 games, so afaik he is not practice squad eligible.

I would rather have Jordan on the roster than BJGE. That is choice that Belichick has when he decides whether to try to re-sign Jordan. Of course, BJGE could still make the team since it is certainly possible that one of the other four (or BJGE) could be on the IR before the roster is finalized.

Last edited:
He filled in admirably when we had injuries, and showed some promise, but there's no doubt in my mind that Morris, Jordan, and Faulk are all significantly better backs at this point that BJGE. So would Maroney be if he was healthy. If all those guys are back next year, I doubt there's a place for Law Firm.

I thought he did a good job while he was in there, and I look forward to watching him develop.

He will be given a shot and I have a hunch CoachB really likes this guy...He'll be back.

He's an undrafted rookie who is rough around the edges. Morris is a stud in our offense and Jordan is a good veteran downhill runner. Do I even need to remind anyone about Faulk?

wow - these posts vary greatly than the posts after Law Firm's 100 yard game. After that game, when Jordan was still though to be headed to the IR, Law Firm was apparently tapped as the next Patriot RB.

In fact, the thread was titled "could law firm show Maroney the door?"

You don't run with this offense unless you know how to block ... the only way around that is when belichick is desperate. The kid will be fine ... I am sure he'll learn to block. I remember well when Faulk was a blocking liability ... that changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes