PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Law Firm cut by Bengals

I really like him but not sure he is better than Bolden at this point in his career and worth a 2nd shot here.

If he's willing to take a Vet Minimum, I'll gladly have him over Bolden

Loved bjge but I think he's done relative to even Bolden who can occasionally catch a pass when he's not fending it off like a man attacked by seagulls

If he's willing to take a Vet Minimum, I'll gladly have him over Bolden
Honestly I'm not so sure if I would want BJGE over Bolden, even for Vet minimum.

BJGE WAS good. He was a guy who could get you 3 to 4 yards per carry and had no problems with ball security (when he was with the pats). But he was and still is a slow running back who couldn't and can't explode off the LOS and hit the hole and get to the secondary level. I don't recall any big runs by BJGE and I seem to recall many occasions when he got stopped behind the LOS and lost yardage. I just think athletic and young running backs like Bolden are what the pats need right now.

He's the definition of a replacement-level player. If the Pats feel that the guys they have on the roster suck, then it's not the worst thing in the world that he's out there. But I just can't see them cutting loose any of their RBs in favor of him.

It's too bad about Pat Angerer. Three years ago it looked as if the sky was the limit, when he had 148 tackles in his second NFL season. Apparently he's not fully recovered from last December's microfracture surgery, which is not unexpected. Problem is that most teams may not want to give him another look next year, since by that time he will have missed 26 games in three years in addition to being completely out of football for a full season.

Falcons making cuts - Angerer, Hagens and Smallwood released | Atlanta Falcons blog

Angerer, 27, was trying to make a comeback after undergoing microfracture knee surgery in December. The Colts selected Angerer in the second round of the 2010 draft out of Iowa and he started 39 of 53 games for them before ending last season on injured reserve.​

Ex-Hawkeye Angerer's comeback with Falcons ends

“Enjoyed my time in Atlanta, unfortunately it’s come to an end here,’’ Angerer wrote. “First-class org and first class people. They gave me a chance when no one would. I was able to have fun playing football again.’’

Angerer, a four-year NFL veteran who was working his way back from microfracture surgery last December, indicated his future plans are uncertain.

“Worse comes to worse, I’ll end up in Iowa with my kids. Ain’t no place I’d rather be. It’s a win win,’’ Angerer wrote.​

I was a fan of the Law Firm's professional approach whilst he was a Patriot but there isn't a roster position available for him given the style of football the team will play.

Rumor has it Brady is pissed they cut him ;)

He'll probably get picked up by some team thin at RB

If not he's probably on BB's shadow roster if needed - but I'd prefer to go young at backup RB, not old.

Rumor has it Brady is pissed they cut him ;)

He'll probably get picked up by some team thin at RB

If not he's probably on BB's shadow roster if needed - but I'd prefer to go young at backup RB, not old.
All else being equal (and it never is) youth wins. Unfortunately none of our current (as of this writing) young guys has show to be a first or second down "run between the tackles" guy. That said I would not be surprised if a guy like that was cut by, say, Jacksonville or somebody.

Love Benny! Read his blocks, made the hard yards, didn't fumble. Would have preferred him in his prime to last season's Brandon Bolden. I've no idea how they match up now (BB looked impressive to me in the few carries he got in pre-season, and BJGE seems to have learned how to fumble).

If the Law Firm earned his 200K offseason workout bonus, he is ineligible for the MSB.

Do not want. He was the RB on the pats when teams just loaded up to stop the pass and he still could only manage like 2-3 ypc. I would gladly take Ridley and his 3-4 fumbles a year ahead of BJGE with 0 fumbles.

I like BJGE the person and like his story, but he isnt an upgrade on any RB on the roster.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back