PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Law at Celtics game: "My heart has always been with the Patriots" [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ty Law Is In Boston Tonight

this is honestly ridiculous. People think Hobbs should be a nickleback. i'd have him on my football team any day. and what about randall gay? talk about disrespect. the guy deserves a legit chance to start. as many have said... we can't expect a rookie to start. has everyone already forgotten duane starkes?

i'd go with Gay, maybe bring law in cheap(although i'm not a fan of it), and draft a corner in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Gay can be upgraded hes shakey even in nickle and you want him starting on the outside? No thanks.

Gay can be upgraded hes shakey even in nickle and you want him starting on the outside? No thanks.

That's your opinion. I'd give him a chance to start. With an upgraded pass rush and more aggressive blitzing and more speed in the front 7 he won't have to cover as long. Plus they play alot of zone anyways.

I believe that if the Pats make a comparable offer to Law, he will return to New England. But all it takes is one team to outbid them, and he'll follow the dollars.

depends if that team is a superbowl contender or not. i don't see him going to detroit or back to the jets for example.

Most Chiefs fans would probably disagree.

Though he might do better in our scheme.

You wouldn't make a living taking advice from Chiefs fans (or coaches, for that matter.)

this is honestly ridiculous. People think Hobbs should be a nickleback. i'd have him on my football team any day. and what about randall gay? talk about disrespect. the guy deserves a legit chance to start. as many have said... we can't expect a rookie to start. has everyone already forgotten duane starkes?

i'd go with Gay, maybe bring law in cheap(although i'm not a fan of it), and draft a corner in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I like Hobbs as well... he's coming along nicely. He has good technique, usually in good position and he isn't nearly as bad as some portray him.

There's a reason he's stuck around as long as he has, because he's a decent corner. Granted he won't mach up very well with the taller receivers, but I seem to remember the epic battles between tiny Pat Fischer and Harold Carmichael in my youth. I would love to see Hobbs overcome his physical shortcomings (pun intended) and eventually play as well a Fischer did.

Not that I think Hobbs should lose his starting job but to those who
say that a rookie can't start, I can think of 2 dbs right off the bat that did
start and did very well. I give you Champ Bailey and Sean Taylor.
Charles Woodson too.
Hell even Ty Law started his first year.
Or at least these players saw plenty of playing time.

Edit: I just verified this for myself. All the aforementioned started at least 14 games their rookie season.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LawxTy00.htm

The site has search box at the upper right corner if you want to check other players.

Last edited:
Re: Ty Law: "My Heart Is Always With The Patriots"

During an interview during the Celtics game, Ty Law said "my heart is always with the Patriots" :D He said his priority is to "play for a contender".... I guess we'll see :D

He also said he was in town to attend some Harvard Business Seminar or something like that...

i guess we cant pay him in Monopoly money then. Shucks.

i wonder what he thinks he is worth now.

Come home where the Heart is Baby!
Looks like Lito can stay in Philly and we can select Gholston, Groves, Cromartie, Long with our first!

The things people will say when trying to feed their families...

I just saw the same interview and Law looked like he knew something was in the works! The emphasis was on "he wants to play for a contender". Would love to see him back

Didn't watch the Chiefs this year really. Can he be a a good cornerback? Many hear say he is more of a free safety in his later years.

For me If we Sign Moss, Washington, Gaffney, Law, and a pulse at linebacker then this offseason will be a success!

Oh man, I'm getting fired up......COME BACK TY and #24 is available, but just keep in mind that we're bringing in Cromartie for you to tudor, he'll play nickel to get his feet wet after you show him the ropes, he can step in to lock down that corner and you can drop back to play with Meriweather.

Last edited by a moderator:

It sounds like he knows something everyone else doesn't.

Didn't watch the Chiefs this year really. Can he be a a good cornerback? Many hear say he is more of a free safety in his later years.

I didn't watch em this year either but last year he picked off manning twice in the playoffs. Its a shame the rest of the chiefs sucked

HAHA O PLEASE...yeah the same guy who said he'd pay to leave the Pats and called BB a liar. Thanks for what you contributed to the team while you were here Ty, but this one particular fan doesn't want you back. What a load of crap.

During an interview during the Celtics game, Ty Law said "my heart is always with the Patriots" :D He said his priority is to "play for a contender".... I guess we'll see :D

He also said the reason he was in town was to attend some Harvard Business Seminar or something like that...
i saw the interview and i wasn't encouraged from what he had to say. just my impression .

This is hilarious stuff Boston!

Ty Law affixed his lips to Herm Edwards johnson in the past few years becasue Herm paid him $$ and let him get fat and not work as hard, IMO.

He ripped BB on his way out of town, then Tejuan aka Tystrung BB and the Pats along before sigining with the ****ty Chiefs a few years back, leaving us in a bind.

I like Ty, he was great for us, but I have to laugh at this old bastard trying to get the Pats to sign his ass. "My heart is always with the Patriots" LOL, classic Ty Law bullcrap.

Is he still repped by the Postons? LOL

Last edited:

He also said the reason he was in town was to attend some Harvard Business Seminar or something like that...

Oh yeah ... he's boing to use that MBA of his ... :rofl:

This is hilarious stuff Boston!

Ty Law affixed his lips to Herm Edwards johnson in the past few years becasue Herm paid him $$ and let him get fat and not work as hard, IMO.

He ripped BB on his way out of town, then Tejuan aka Tystrung BB and the Pats along before sigining with the ****ty Chiefs a few years back, leaving us in a bind.

I like Ty, he was great for us, but I have to laugh at this old bastard trying to get the Pats to sign his ass. "My heart is always with the Patriots" LOL, classic Ty Law bullcrap.

Is he still repped by the Postons? LOL

Haha. I think were totally on the same page. Glad to see someone else remember what a tool Ty was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes