LaVar Arrington breaks arm, leg in motorcycle accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Posted at 2:43 PM ET, 06/18/2007

LaVar Arrington's Motorcycle Accident (UPDATED A THIRD TIME)

[FONT=Times New Roman,times,serif] LaVar's difficult run of luck these last few years took its worst turn when the former Pro Bowl LB was injured in a motorcycle accident in PG County today. He was rushed to PG County Hospital after being involved in a single vehicle crash with multiple broken bones and head trauma.

NEW STUFF:
Just heard from some people very close to LaVar that he broke his arm and leg in the accident. I am trying to find out about any head injuries as fast as possible. Still checking on head-specific info, but I have heard that he is in stable condition and that there seem to be good signs that the injuries are not more serious, but still waiting some final word on that.

I also heard that LaVar's wife had twins (a boy and a girl) a few weeks ago.

END OF NEW STUFF

That's all we know for now but obviously will be working on it all day and night.

Arrington, who bought his way out of his contract with the Redskins, ruptured his Achilles early last season with the NY Giants and has been recovering since. Numerous NFL players believe Arrington had been seriously considering retirement and his agent had said that Arrington would not have be ready to pass an NFL physical until August or so.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT] [/FONT] Posted by Jason La Canfora

with the money he makes he can get a custom kagaroo suit and carbon fiber gear for 3k which would have save his ass from even a scratch.......I once went down with a 600 lbs bike pinned on my ankle and the 100$ riding boots did its trick and instead of a broken ankle i was running the next day....I am truly amazed at the stupidity of people when they wear ankle protection for skateboard and jeans for riding.,

as we say 10cent brain needs a 10cent helmet....

Last edited:
Yeah, but it doesn't look "cool.":cool:

(according to the "cool" people...)

Last edited:
What a dumbass.

That's too bad, from everything I've read about the guy he was loved in Washington for his personality and charity work, hopefully he ends up okay from all of this.

Boy opting out of that Skins contract wasn't to bright in hindsight eh.

You would think that Pro teams would have a clause in the contract against potentially dangerous activities like I don't know... motorcycles, waterskis, skydiving. Hopefully Arrington survives this accident with enough functionality to enjoy a normal life. I wouldn't be surprised if he retires though.

we should trade for Lava..... ohh nevermind

It seems to me that motorcycles + NFL players = hospitals and ambulances

It seems to me that motorcycles + NFL players = hospitals and ambulances

Actually,
Its like no motorcycle licence + stupidity + buying a supersport to learn = damage.

Hope he is okay, He was amazing when healthy, just could never stay that way. Hopefully he can rcover and enjoy the rest of his life.

I have neither love nor hatred for the guy... I wish him a prompt healing process.

At least he was wearing a helmet. Terrible luck though, I wish him a quick recovery and a healthy return to the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back