PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lavar Arrington a Patriot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanBruschi54

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Rotoworld.com is reporting that John Clayton is reporting that the Patriots are holding out in FA right now to make a run at none other than Lavar Arrington. The last marquee FA on the market. In the 3-4 as a pass rusher, he could be a dominating force.

He's only 27 but the Postons and his abilities not to play in schemes scare the hell out of me.

I hope this is true. LT part Deux under Belichick.

Belichick has dealt with a loose cannon in Lawrence Taylor before, I can only assume he'd know what he's dealing with. The Postons and comparing what Arrington would want w/regard to what Julian Peterson got, that's another story.

I want Ty Law back too . . . he's still out there. I wanted the Poston Daily Double Combo Pack of Law/Peterson but I'd take Law/Arrington too.

SeanBruschi54 said:
Rotoworld.com is reporting that John Clayton is reporting that the Patriots are holding out in FA right now to make a run at none other than Lavar Arrington.
For accuracy, what it says is :

"ESPN's John Clayton reports the Patriots may be holding out to make a run at LaVar Arrington."

Tons of risks obviously but tons of potential rewards as well.

If BB believes he can control Lavar then this could work out incredibly well because Lavar has skills that few others at that position possess.

Can you imagine Lavar and Rosey as bookened LB's with Tedy and Vrabs inside? Woah! That might be one of the best LB corps ever assembled! But, I'm getting ahead of myself.

I'm all for it. I know LA's been a freelancer, but he knows that won't fly here. There's the corps of Rodney, Vrabes, Bruschi, and Seymour to grab him by the throat and explain to him what's what. He'll be productive enough doing his job to keep him happy. The guy is a phenomenal talent. I was hoping for Bulluck to be cut, but the CBA agreement probably means the Titans can keep him. Arrington is one helluva consolation prize.

Dont get your hopes up, if its true great... but not likley...

Here would be some band aids to fix what ills us right now

Keyshawn to replace Givens

Endinger to replace Adam

And Arrington to replace Willie

Could it happen, maybee, how likley...not going to happen...

The way our luck is going, Troy will be a jet, Arrington will be a Dolphin, and we sign Vanderjerk...

BelichickFan said:
For accuracy, what it says is :

"ESPN's John Clayton reports the Patriots may be holding out to make a run at LaVar Arrington."
Yea my quote is from rotoworld.

Looks like they're playing telephone.

Bobs My Uncle said:
Can you imagine Lavar and Rosey as bookened LB's with Tedy and Vrabs inside? Woah! That might be one of the best LB corps ever assembled! But, I'm getting ahead of myself.
Oh yeah. And with our DL? Dominant.

Don't get to excited guys. Remember, this is Only a Rumor. And most importantly, he's a POSTON client. I don't believe it, but hey, anything is possible. They better do something soon to start filling some of these holes.

certainly the best front 7, but im not getting my hopes up.

I saw the Clayton interview and all he said is the Pats where under the cap 20 million and could consider using it on Arrington, he never mentioned that they had spoken. Considering the huge contract LA is looking for I don't BB is likely to bite, I hope I'm wrong.

Sean Pa Patriot said:
Dont get your hopes up, if its true great... but not likley...

Here would be some band aids to fix what ills us right now

Keyshawn to replace Givens

Endinger to replace Adam

And Arrington to replace Willie
A mere Band aid?

More like an Elastoplast ;)

Edinger for Adam doesn't get me too excited but both Key and Lavar would be monumental improvements over Givens and Willie.

Didn't Arrington sign with the Giants?

I thought he had signed with the Gaints so he could try to stick it to the Skins twice a season.

I'm in Northern VA - he's a guy that wants to play, but doesn't play within the system. He created problems with the Skins D because he would give up his assignment to try to get to the QB or RB. He did get burned doing this. I remember a game they lost to the Giants in 2004 that the Giants recognized that he had left his coverage position and they got the ball to their FB who went for about 40 yds and srt up the winning score.

Lots of ability, but I don't see him being the kind of player we typically are looking for.

Heck, if BB can reign in that coke-head LT (talk about performance enhancing drugs!) he should be able to hand LA. I'll believe it when I see it though.

Bobs My Uncle said:

If BB believes he can control Lavar then this could work out incredibly well because Lavar has skills that few others at that position possess.

I'd prefer Manny Lawson over Arrington. Lawson is a physical freak as well, but without the attitude.

big mike said:
I'd prefer Manny Lawson over Arrington. Lawson is a physical freak as well, but without the attitude.

I see nothing preventing the Pats from getting both. So long, Tully.

well

SeanBruschi54 said:
Rotoworld.com is reporting that John Clayton is reporting that the Patriots are holding out in FA right now to make a run at none other than Lavar Arrington. The last marquee FA on the market. In the 3-4 as a pass rusher, he could be a dominating force.

He's only 27 but the Postons and his abilities not to play in schemes scare the hell out of me.

I am not a big fan of arrington. all that crap at the end of last season with joe gibbs isn't a good sign. add to that the fact that the p.o.s-tins are his agents and it's not good!

Last edited:
Good news either way!

There's an interesting aspect here, that the Arrington story is good news whether we sign him or not! If we don't, it's because he's overpriced and/or a bad fit for our team concept. If we do sign him, then I trust BB thinks he WILL fit here, which is great news. Sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy for BB here: if he does it, it's a great move; if he doesn't, it's a great avoidance of a bad move. Such is the power of "In BB we trust!"

Bobs My Uncle said:

He is not the problem child that the dc media made him out to be. He handled his benching quite well IMO. He never said this team sucks or anything like that, the only things he said (that I remember) were basically "I don't know why I am benched", "I probably won't be here next year" and "I will still do everything I can to help this team win". Not exactly controversial comments. For the folks that don't know the Washington Post does not have a very good relationship with the Redskins front office.

I also believe the 3-4 is a much better match for his style of play.

The more I think about it the more I get excited about the possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes