PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Laurence Maroney

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcknice

Rookie
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone else noticed this or felt the same way...

It seems to me that since Maroney missed a few games being injured, he has been running timid. I haven't really looked at the numbers- I can't imagine them being too good- I'm just going by watching him play. The way he's running, it's like watching a fighter who won't let his hands go. Hopefully he steps it up this week, as we need his explosiveness in the running game against the Colts.

Yes he looked really timid on that huge run against JAX when he got that TD run.

It seems to me that since Maroney missed a few games being injured, he has been running timid. I haven't really looked at the numbers- I can't imagine them being too good- I'm just going by watching him play. The way he's running, it's like watching a fighter who won't let his hands go. Hopefully he steps it up this week, as we need his explosiveness in the running game against the Colts.

I would somewhat agree. He's not consistently hitting the hole with as much conviction as he was ealrlier in the season. I think part of it is due to injury, and partly because there simply haven't been that many holes to get through.

I thought he would get more carries Sunday. I really only remember the one he took outside near the endzone. I'm not sure Chad Jackson got into the game at all. I would say its' a rookie thing, but BB has used plenty of rookies on defense in the playoffs.

Obviously, the running game didn't produce much yesterday, but John Tomase had some pretty complimentary words for Maroney after the Jets game last week.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/?p=837

I thought he would get more carries Sunday. I really only remember the one he took outside near the endzone. I'm not sure Chad Jackson got into the game at all. I would say its' a rookie thing, but BB has used plenty of rookies on defense in the playoffs.
Jackson and O'Callaghan were active DNPs. Re: Jackson I expect it has more to do with specific gameplans and matchups against specifc opponents than a "rookie thing".

Yes he looked really timid on that huge run against JAX when he got that TD run.

Yeah, because I was particularly referring to that run. Just by looking at him now compared to earlier in the season, maybe it's the injury or maybe it's the rookie wall, but he doesn't look the same. Kevin Faulk has been our most effective running back the last 2 weeks. Why don't you broaden your scope. I'm asking an honest question (if anyone felt the same way), so why not answer it using evidence instead of responding like an ass. What you said is like saying that Monty Beisel wasn't a bum because he made a TFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back