Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Can Laurence Maroney be a Pro-Bowler in 2008?

• Yes! This is going to be the breakout season for Maroney.

Votes: 28 49.1%
  • No. He’ll do a decent/solid job complimenting Morris though.

Votes: 27 47.4%
  • No. He’s made of glass - we need a new RB.

Votes: 2 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Some stats in comparrison to 2007 selection Joseph Addai...

Maroney Season AVG: 4.5
Addai Season AVG: 4.1

Last 7 games of the season...

Maroney
418 Yards
6 TDs
Games in a perfect condition dome: 0

Addai
312 Yards
5 TDs
Games in a perfect condition dome: 4

Also led all playoff RB's this year in rushing with 280 yards as well as 2 TDs.

If Maroney does not get injured this season, then you can count him having a fantastic season...making him his first pro bowl...I also think that this will be Chad Jackson's breakout season as well!!!

I think Maroney showed why we drafted him at the end of last season!

So lets hope he continues this for years to come!!!

If Maroney does not get injured this season, then you can count him having a fantastic season...making him his first pro bowl...I also think that this will be Chad Jackson's breakout season as well!!!

PS- Remember who was his mentor last year and still is...and you got to remember that this will be his first offseason tc starting off without an injury I think old Chaddy boy will surprise everyone this upcoming season

Maroney and Addai will both put up some serious career numbers

As long as the OL holds up and gets room for Lomo he will be fine,But I don't see much to say he will ever be a superstar special back but slight above average.

The games he played well in were mostly against scrub teams towards the end of the year,I want to see a 100 yard performance agianst Indy,SD,Balt or a top defense before I could consider him anything more than average to slight above average NFL back.

Last edited:
As long as the OL holds up and gets room for Lomo he will be fine,But I don't see much to say he will ever be a superstar special back but slight above average.

The games he played well in were mostly against scrub teams towards the end of the year,I want to see a 100 yard performance agianst Indy,SD,Balt or a top defense before I could consider him anything more than average to slight above average NFL back.

Did you watch the AFC Championship game? How about the divisional round against the Jaguars?

Uh... he ran all over the place against Jacksonville and San Diego (the team you just mentioned in your own post). Those are top tier defensive teams in the league and he smoked them both for well over 100 yards. He was one of the biggest reasons we won the AFC Championship game.

Bet on it. I wouldn't be surprised if Maroney is the best offensive player on the team next season.

I suspect LoMo will gain 1200 yards in relief of Brady and Moss lighting up the league. Around 9 TD's.:rocker:
Morris will gain about 6 to 700 yards and 7 tds.
Faulk, Evans, and Eckel et al. 400 yards and 3 tds.:rocker:
Yes, I'm predicting we rush for 140 yards a game next year.

I was happy to see a poll/thread on Maroney without Addai in the title and then I was disappointed to see the comparison made immediately.

Are the comparisons really necessary? Do we need to talk about the dome advantage?

The only constructive note I have is that I have noticed that McDaniels never runs the screen with Maroney - those are saved for Faulk downs - but I question this because assuming Maroney can catch I bet he could be very dangerous in these scenarios especially with Moss attracting the attention of the safety in a lot of cases. Does anyone remember Addai's end of 1st half screen against us....oops I broke my own rule.

No hes made of glass and he'll probably end up on IR, DRAFT MCFADDEN!!!!!!!

sarcasm for those who are too stupid to realize it

Last edited:
IDK about the pro bowl, but he will have a very good season, unless the passing game is amazing again next year and they decide not to run much

Consistent improvement will be fine with me. If we adjust our offense as we should, we'll have a great 1-2 punch at RB and a ton of receivers sharing the load.

Brady only to Pro bowl, but Pats to Super Bowl.

Some stats in comparrison to 2007 selection Joseph Addai...

Maroney Season AVG: 4.5
Addai Season AVG: 4.1

Last 7 games of the season...

Maroney
418 Yards
6 TDs
Games in a perfect condition dome: 0

Addai
312 Yards
5 TDs
Games in a perfect condition dome: 4

Also led all playoff RB's this year in rushing with 280 yards as well as 2 TDs.

If you're trying to prove Maroney could be great, why would you use stats that show he averaged just under 60 yards per game for the last 7 games? Yes, they are better than Addai's last 7 games, but 60 yards per game isn't going to do anything for us, regardless of whether or not he is in the pro bowl.

Well then you can look at the 97 yard average during the last 6 games - including the post-season - including four 100 yard games and 6 TDs in that span.

I think Maroney has shown when healthy he is good back, he should his best in the playoffs vs chargers and jags.

If he could put that together for a season he could be a probowler.

Note: I still think we should take McFadden if the LBs are gone as he could be better value than third best LB. Maroney, McFadden could make a sweet duo. My draft wish list Chris Long, Gohlston, Jake Long, Than McFadden.

there should be a 4th choice with Maroney having a great season with Morris being a nice complementary back. Maroney's got all the tools. Smooth runner.

lets get his diapers off first...

Come on baby...

first steps...

run baby...

run...

don't be a pooseee...

be a man about it...

hurry up already...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes