Welcome to PatsFans.com

Latest Rasmussen Polling: McCain rising, Obama falling

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Lifer, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +781 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

Certainly good news but I think it's more a case of people forgetting about McCain for now. Hillary and Obama are looking kind of icky (as some of us predicted a few months ago) so McCain is probably getting some "they all suck" votes. Once people remember he's the face to the "not Hillary or Obama" vote, then we'll see how this holds. McCain is kind of out of sight out of mind right now.

3. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Yeah, it's a long way to the election.

4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +464 / 12 / -14

I think these polls were before Obama's were all guilty look at my bigot grandma speech.

But I think some of the damage among independents will be permanent/ Rev Wright also posted stuff from a Hamas leader on his site, combined with his visit and praise for Khadiffi, and his lifetime achievement award for Farrakhan, I think this will hurt Obama among Jewish voters, not enough to make a diff in NY , but FL? Could be a factor there.

5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

And I also don't think we've heard all there is to hear about Obama's life. Like: what exactly has he done in his life, besides working in community projects and his "hated" experience at Baskin-Robbins??

A lot of things to talk about... well, maybe not so much after all. That being the problem.

//

6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,013 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

7. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Don't forget:

[size=+4] If you can't vote for McCain for some reason, vote for Ralph Nader.

A TRUE liberal!![/size]

//

8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +593 / 24 / -19

I think both Clinton and Obama are stronger than McCain. I suspect Obama is laying low, planning to relaunch his campaign more aggressively as we get closer to the PA primary. I still think that he will win the Democratic nomination, and unless the economy stablizes and Bush develops a serious exit plan for Iraq, McCain will have a hard time winning. Basically, if the Democrat manages to position him/herself to be palatable to moderates, I think a lot of them won't bother to vote for McCain. That said, as someone else said, the election is far away, and a lot can happen between now and November.

9. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Obama said yesterday he was "shaken" by the whole thing with his pastor, Jeremiah Wright. He hasn't even mentioned this William Ayers thing. There is still an awful lot we do not know about Barack Obama. He's only been a US Senator for little more than 3 years, nothing on the national level before that, so he really doesn't have much in the way of "chops" for such a uniquely important position as president of the United States.

Hillary is very damaged goods. She reveals herself as less appealing with each passing day. Her husband continues to be a major embarrassment to her and her candidacy. I don't see her as having an impact in November.

I believe the American people will choose a known quantity of respectable proportions in John McCain over either of the less known, less respectable candidates of the Democrats.

//

10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +913 / 7 / -3

I said it before, I'll say it again. In a year when the Dems should win just by showing up, they nominate a woman, and a black guy. Add in the fact that both are incredibly inexperienced, have no executive experience, and are underqualified, and you get the only set-up where a republican, a very moderate republican, could win. If the pubbies nominated Romney, they'd lose hands down. McCain appeals to lots of independents, which is the only chance the GOP has. It's still a long ways away, and obviously impossible to know who'll win, but McCain has a tremendous chance to win, which people a few months ago were laughing at me for saying (not in here, in real life). I'm not voting for him, cuz he's never run sh!t, is on the wrong side of the most important issue (to me), and is too willing to make a deal for the sake of making a deal. No thanks.

To think that 3 underqualified people are our choices, in arguably the most important period in our modern histroy, is really sad.

11. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +128 / 1 / -1

No Jersey Selected

It seems like the last few presidential elections have just had crappy candidates. McCain is the BEST the right can come up with? And look at the past candidates...GWB? Bob Dole? And the left is no better. Obama and Clinton just look worse by the day. John Kerry was a joke. And Gore should have cleaned up against GWB, but he didn't even come close.

I know it's cliche to say, but they all really do suck. Every four years it's a contest of "Yeah, I may be a dirty politician, but not as dirty as my opponent!"

12. jack

jack 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

who ever inherits this disaster is fugged..