PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Latest Private Visits/Workouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

dryheat44

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Next Level Scouting Inc. reporting:

CALIFORNIA senior defensive back HARRISON SMITH has reported to the NLS Staff that he has had private visits with Detroit and New England....he has also had a private workout with New England

MICHIGAN senior wide receiver JASON AVANT has reported to the NLS Staff that he will have a private workout with New England before the draft... according to his agent there has been no initial indication that they will request for him to re-run the 40-yard dash... he improved to the 4.60 range at his most recent workout, while still recovering from a broken right hand that he suffered performing the broad jump at his Pro Day.

NORTHWESTERN senior defensive lineman BARRY COFIELD has reported to the NLS Staff that he has at least 4-6 private visits scheduled before the draft, including Minnesota, New England, Philadelphia with a few others trying to schedule him for next week.

NOTRE DAME senior linebacker BRANDON HOYTE has reported to the NLS Staff that he has had private visits with Jacksonville, New England and Tennessee

4.60 is still kind of icky for Avant, although I bet Givens is about that. I'd still love to take Avant late 3rd/early 4th but I'd like to think most of our WR cound be 4.55 at worst - otherwise they're really starting to get slow. But 4.60 is decent and certainly a whole hell of a lot better than his 4.80.

BelichickFan said:
4.60 is still kind of icky for Avant, although I bet Givens is about that. I'd still love to take Avant late 3rd/early 4th but I'd like to think most of our WR cound be 4.55 at worst - otherwise they're really starting to get slow. But 4.60 is decent and certainly a whole hell of a lot better than his 4.80.
Avant is a possession receiver. His very good hands and route running IMO can make up for his lack of speed. Remember, Anquan Bolding dropped in the draft due to his slow 40 time. He's not a fast guy - but his good route running and stellar hands make him a much more valuable WR than most guys who have much faster 40 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes