PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

latest NFL Mock Draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maroney? Not for me. I notice that Manny Lawson is still available, tho.

Maroney?

No way, no how.......

We either take cromartie there or trade down to take Bobby Carpenter. No way the Pats take a RB at 21...... Just my opinion. :rocker:

lol i have an unhealthy mancrush with cromartie, i think he is the first DB taken off the board

After watching Chad Jackson at the college all-stars skill challenge, I hope we go after him if the Pats are looking at a skill position player in the first round. I still would prefer to draft defense, but if we don't, I really like what he brings to the table. Good size, absolutely built (with arms like a linebacker), tremendous quickness (he beat Sinorice Moss by over a full second in the speed competition) and huge, soft hands (destroyed the field in the hands competition with 27 catches, next closest was Moss at 19). If he can become a good route runner, he'll be a star, because he caught everything, including some very poorly thrown balls. Listed at 6' 1", 200 lbs., but he looked even heavier. Very intriguing prospect.

Edit: And as I was writing this, he just won the obstacle course too, giving him a clean sweep of all the receiver drills by wide margains.

Last edited:
mavfan2390 said:
lol i have an unhealthy mancrush with cromartie, i think he is the first DB taken off the board

If he runs the type of 40 time he's talking about during his workouts I certainly agree with that statement.

My $$$ is on "B" making a play for Winston Justice...even if he has to trade up a bit to get him. Matt Light is good for another year or two at best...I fear his body has taken too much punishment.

Kaczur will make a better RT then LT as he gets to maul linebackers and tweeners. Grabbing Justice now is more a need than many realize. With extra picks to trade and a decent slot to trade up from...the time will never be better and prized LT's are tough to come by.

F.B.N. said:
My $$$ is on "B" making a play for Winston Justice...even if he has to trade up a bit to get him.

Saw you mention this in another thread...a trade up for Justice would frankly blow me away. Talented as he is, an OL with character and effort concerns doesn't tempt me given the defensive talent likely to be on the board. In fact, right now my Patriots round-1 board features only one offensive player--LenDale White.

patchick said:
Saw you mention this in another thread...a trade up for Justice would frankly blow me away. Talented as he is, an OL with character and effort concerns doesn't tempt me given the defensive talent likely to be on the board. In fact, right now my Patriots round-1 board features only one offensive player--LenDale White.

We'll see...Like Mankins and to a lesser extent Kaczur, he can play OG and OT left and right...pretty impressive for the future OL schemes. That's why i'm not biting on Spencer. Justice is fast(quick) enough to stay with the Taylor's and Freeny's of the NFL and has room for more muscle.

patchick said:
Concur, BB takes LTs in the second round (if you'll stretch a point to allow that the last pick of the 1st round is an honorary 2nd rounder). At 21 and higher BB has taken DLs, the trouble with this draft is finding a DL worth taking at 21. Trade down talk was popular last year, though 21 may offer better trade value then 32. If we do want to take a 1st round OT, I'd rather it was Colledge, he doesn't have Justice's question marks and reminds me of Mankins to some extent. I'd also consider Eric Winston or even Charles Spencer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes