PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Latest LT on Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.
NITWIT...It's a CLICHE. It's like eighty other BS phrases you hear like "Smashmouth football" or "we just need to make plays". It's all crap for the media and idiots like you.

Do you actually think sportswriters know football? Really know the game? Puh-lease.

How about Vince Lombardi, think he knows the game? And he was saying it before it was a cliche, don't you think? He was quoted in that post too, as were other coaches. Did you even read the quotes and who said them before going off?

pao

So I guess everyone else on this board except those with the same or better credentials than you claim to have are not worthy to post here? How many here have a background that TripleOption claims to have? Anyone? Hmmm, not too many, better close down the board. Just because a cliche is a cliche doesn't make it wrong.

pao

That's it, keep believing everything such luminaries as Borges write.

The papers are nothing but speculation and cliches.

That's it, keep believing everything such luminaries as Borges write.

The papers are nothing but speculation and cliches.

Incredible denial. Are you a politician?

pao

Nope. If you listen most coaches, and players, will say the same thing. I think it is you that hasn't a clue.

pao

Funny, because the coaches and players who weighed in this morning, like Marcus Allen, disagree with you. They said, Tell the coach you can't play!

there is no reasoning with this lazy fella, he will argue that an article missing some important parts posted on ESPN, is more objective than the source piece that was published in the globe and contained more information. He wants to be spoon fed by ESPN...so let him, knowledgeable sports fans in SD...is there such thing?

Yup, I'm done wasting my time with the idiot.

Hmmm, I think I actually see PatsfaninAz's point of view here. It seems as if there is no real point to my being here, now anyway, except to argue inane tangents of the original topic (nowhere near my original intent). I will leave you all to your board. Good luck to you all. Go AFC in the SB. Perhaps I'll come back when the Chargers play the Patriots next year and we can have some more fun, eh? Thanks to the moderators for not deleting me. Thanks to Bellichickfan and PatsfaninAz and patsfaninVa, I've learned something from you. Condolences to the haters here, it's is sad to see there are those who need to resort to name calling to cover their limitations in presenting their point of view. Hasta la vista, as us SoCalers say.

pao

Okay, Pao is now dearly departed, from the looks of things... whatever... I also want to throw in my 2 cents on the never played/never coached thing...

I never did either, and freely admit it, unless you count midget and pee wee league.

I would bet a lot of us are in the same boat, or at least close to it (after all if you were your local high school JAG that never made it to the college ranks, you're still not really close enough to the pro level...)

So anyway, do feel free to disregard my own input here, but recognize that you'd greatly depopulate any fan bulletin board, or for that matter, pro stadium, if you held fan participation down to those who'd played or coached at a meaningful level (let's say, college onward.)

But it does bring up an idea. I wouldn't be surprised if we have enough former coaches/players to start an in-house forum, where it would make sense to say "never coached/never played" as a reason to discount the post. "Insider's perspective" kind of board.

I for one would "lurk" on a board like that, just to see the perspectives that get kicked around -- though I doubt the fact that it was only former players and coaches, would result in a unanimous or for that matter accurate stance on the mechanics of the sports media (for example).

Either way, I think it would be a cool thread to throw in, just for the former "insiders". Also, it would hurt the board's numbers a lot less than throwing out the rest of us.

PFnV

Okay, Pao is now dearly departed, from the looks of things... whatever... I also want to throw in my 2 cents on the never played/never coached thing...

I never did either, and freely admit it, unless you count midget and pee wee league.

I would bet a lot of us are in the same boat, or at least close to it (after all if you were your local high school JAG that never made it to the college ranks, you're still not really close enough to the pro level...)

So anyway, do feel free to disregard my own input here, but recognize that you'd greatly depopulate any fan bulletin board, or for that matter, pro stadium, if you held fan participation down to those who'd played or coached at a meaningful level (let's say, college onward.)

But it does bring up an idea. I wouldn't be surprised if we have enough former coaches/players to start an in-house forum, where it would make sense to say "never coached/never played" as a reason to discount the post. "Insider's perspective" kind of board.

I for one would "lurk" on a board like that, just to see the perspectives that get kicked around -- though I doubt the fact that it was only former players and coaches, would result in a unanimous or for that matter accurate stance on the mechanics of the sports media (for example).

Either way, I think it would be a cool thread to throw in, just for the former "insiders". Also, it would hurt the board's numbers a lot less than throwing out the rest of us.

PFnV

I think you're missing the point PFnV. Not having ever played High School ball doesn't mean you're not a keen analyst of the game, but it probably does mean you have less insight into what coaches tell players at practice than people who did play the game. Why is that so difficult to understand?

I once stepped on a nail coming out of the locker room. It went stright into my foot. I have no idea what the nail was doing there. But when I showed it to the coach, and all he saw was a puncture wound, he looked at me like I was a sissy. During gassers at the end of practice, I was hobbling, and as the team clapped to end practice as we finished gassers, he announced to everyone, "He's got bad wheels, give him a hand." To this day, I don't know whether he meant it or not, and it has stuck with me.

Maybe a little reactionary on my part, Upstater. Might not be a bad idea to have that insider's forum though.

Anyway -- yeah, point taken, regarding that experience. Maybe that's even an "insider" thing, but hell, that's something we were all getting even at the youth sports level. "Coach said" was pretty much gospel for us, and if Coach thinks you're being a sissy there's not much worse in the world. It stuck with you because in the puncture scenario, it's real likely he was being unfair. And if he threw you a blue jersey and walked away, you would know what was meant... and if an assistant did it, you would assume it came from the head coach, and you would assume reasons behind it (which are really hard to challenge, and that much harder when your career, that is, real live money, is on the line.)

Gotcha, I think.

PFnV

Maybe a little reactionary on my part, Upstater. Might not be a bad idea to have that insider's forum though.

Anyway -- yeah, point taken, regarding that experience. Maybe that's even an "insider" thing, but hell, that's something we were all getting even at the youth sports level. "Coach said" was pretty much gospel for us, and if Coach thinks you're being a sissy there's not much worse in the world. It stuck with you because in the puncture scenario, it's real likely he was being unfair. And if he threw you a blue jersey and walked away, you would know what was meant... and if an assistant did it, you would assume it came from the head coach, and you would assume reasons behind it (which are really hard to challenge, and that much harder when your career, that is, real live money, is on the line.)

Gotcha, I think.

PFnV

Hey, I've been the one saying BB was wrong in this specific instance, even though I doubt Ted's overall story, and the symptoms related to his concussion injury I can't entirely buy.

BB doesn't have an excuse. I bet he himself knows as much. I just think this is an impossible situation.

The NFL can say it doesn't want its players playing injured, but it's such a brutal sport that you won't be able to field a team at all if that becomes a rule. In short, I just think this is something that's wrong with the sport. I would encourage my kids to play football, but honestly I'm not sure I would ever want them to play beyond the high school level. I played rugby in college at BU because I loved contact sports, but at the club level we don't have the kind of speed-size-strength ratios that could cause serious long-term damage (other than ACL, ulnar nerve, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back