PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Latest LT on Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't make it right, even if true, I hope it isn't (either this story about Belichick or your assertion that "every other NFL coach" does it).

No, every other Football coach at EVERY level.

You know nothing about Football, again...please leave.

good to see LT right his wrong

it was wrong of him to say what he said , all his hate should have been directed only at hobbs haha

I heard most of this LT interview and some of Shaun Phillips on WFAN. The both responded to all questions in a mature, professional manner. Any comments made my either side were in the heat of the battle in one of the most emotional games I can remember. Good to see all sides are moving on.

Sets up some classic matchups for next years, SD versus Pats, Indy versus Pats...

I heard most of this LT interview and some of Shaun Phillips on WFAN. The both responded to all questions in a mature, professional manner. Any comments made my either side were in the heat of the battle in one of the most emotional games I can remember. Good to see all sides are moving on.

Sets up some classic matchups for next years, SD versus Pats, Indy versus Pats...

Yes - and the San Diego players and fans, being as classy as they are, surely won't bring this up when we play them again.

:rolleyes:

You are missing the point. None of these coaches should put pressure on injured players to play. I'm not saying it isn't done, just that it shouldn't be done. Especially if the trainer says no go and the coach pressures the player anyway (if that is what happened). By the way, I don't think Alzado played under Madden and Waters didn't play under Vermeil (not that it really changes anything).

And you think Belichick doesn't know that? Why do you think he apologized to Johnson? Man, oh, man. The coach has 60 players out there. He's always pushing them to get on the field. One of them he shouldn't have pushed. Unfortunately, he doesn't realize this until it's too late. The player confronts him, and the coach, say, "Ted, I effed up, I'm sorry. I made a mistake."

He did make a mistake. He shouldn't have pushed him. Until you figure out a better way for a coach to relate to his players, players will continue to play injured.

And you think Belichick doesn't know that? Why do you think he apologized to Johnson? Man, oh, man. The coach has 60 players out there. He's always pushing them to get on the field. One of them he shouldn't have pushed. Unfortunately, he doesn't realize this until it's too late. The player confronts him, and the coach, say, "Ted, I effed up, I'm sorry. I made a mistake."

He did make a mistake. He shouldn't have pushed him. Until you figure out a better way for a coach to relate to his players, players will continue to play injured.

Didn't know Bill B. apologised. It takes a big man to apologise and I respect him for that.

pao

No, every other Football coach at EVERY level.

You know nothing about Football, again...please leave.

You are wrong! EVERY coach at EVERY level, including the NFL, do not pressure their INJURED players to play (some may but not every coach at every level). I think you confuse playing hurt with playing injured, a huge difference. Most coaches will encourage, appeal, intimidate, pressure a "hurt" player to make a go, very few will do the same for someone truly injured (as Ted Johnson CLAIMS Bill B. did to him). Leave? If one of your moderaters asks me to leave, otherwise I will be around from time to time. Moderaters? Give me the word and I will leave for good (or at least until the Chargers meet the Pat's next year).

pao

LT's comments.....can you say "back tracking?" Days after the game he still defended his comments, but now that he actually needs to coexist with BB, he says this. BS, IMO.

I'll bet Bill B. says some nice things about LT this week. I'll bet Bill B. still respects the hell out of LT. We'll see.

pao

You are wrong! EVERY coach at EVERY level, including the NFL, do not pressure their INJURED players to play (some may but not every coach at every level). I think you confuse playing hurt with playing injured, a huge difference. Most coaches will encourage, appeal, intimidate, pressure a "hurt" player to make a go, very few will do the same for someone truly injured (as Ted Johnson CLAIMS Bill B. did to him). Leave? If one of your moderaters asks me to leave, otherwise I will be around from time to time. Moderaters? Give me the word and I will leave for good (or at least until the Chargers meet the Pat's next year).

pao

You just don't know what you're talking about. Players are always pressured to play.

Belichick didn't even say a word to Johnson about playing. He simply gave him a contact jersey. Johnson got the message. He didn't pressure him in any other way than simply giving hima uniform.

I'm 100% convinced you didn't read the article because you didn't even know that Belichick apologized to him when he realized Ted was injured. It was right in the article. Do you even know what you're talking about? I don't think so.

Yes - and the San Diego players and fans, being as classy as they are, surely won't bring this up when we play them again.

:rolleyes:

I hope we/they don't. I hope the Chargers go out and kick the Patriot's butts and then quietly leave the field (then celebrate like heck in their locker room). And you probably hope for the same, nothing wrong with that. Of course no regular season win by the Chargers over the Patriots will EVER erase the hurt of being beaten in that playoff game! OUCH, it still hurts!

pao

You just don't know what you're talking about. Players are always pressured to play.

Belichick didn't even say a word to Johnson about playing. He simply gave him a contact jersey. Johnson got the message. He didn't pressure him in any other way than simply giving hima uniform.

I'm 100% convinced you didn't read the article because you didn't even know that Belichick apologized to him when he realized Ted was injured. It was right in the article. Do you even know what you're talking about? I don't think so.

Ok, this is a better post. Here is the article I read....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2751614

...and I don't see an apology. I read that Bill B. acknowledged and admitted a mistake when confronted by Ted J., but no apology. Hmmm, I guess that is sort of an apology. Look if the dude apologised that's great, like i posted before, takes a big man to apologise...especially on a national stage. We'll see how it plays out, won't we?

pao

I hope we/they don't. I hope the Chargers go out and kick the Patriot's butts and then quietly leave the field (then celebrate like heck in their locker room).
Zero chance of that happening. Chargers will be yapping before the game, just like they did a couple weeks ago. Merriman will lead another "Brady sucks" chant at a public rally. During the game he will do his steroid spaz dance in Patriot players faces.

And if they win, they will certainly celebrate. Why the heck wouldn't they? They will have just beated a good team.

But one thing you won't see and hear is our players crying like babies to the press, and screaming like little girls on the field.

Rivers high pitched voice: "You the worst cornerback in the NFL!"

Tomlinson: "They don't respect Merriman." Like anyone outside the 619 area code does.

Hey, I'll admit our team acted like big bad bullies. I'm proud of them. Why you seem to insist on painting your team as crybaby wusses is beyond me. If my team behaved the way yours did after a loss, I wouldn't talk about it. I'd be ashamed. But then I'm not from southern California, either.

Ok, this is a better post. Here is the article I read....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2751614

...and I don't see an apology. I read that Bill B. acknowledged and admitted a mistake when confronted by Ted J., but no apology. Hmmm, I guess that is sort of an apology. Look if the dude apologised that's great, like i posted before, takes a big man to apologise...especially on a national stage. We'll see how it plays out, won't we?

pao

Man, read the Globe. Don't read an ESPN hackjob. In case you haven't noticed, this is a Patriots site. The Patriots are located in Massachusetts. Everyone on this board has read the Globe article. It's your fault that you're not on the same page because you're relying on an ESPN hack article that's heavily redacted. This isn't secret information, you realize. Read the Globe article like the rest of us have!! We're even referencing MacMullan all over the place. What's the matter with you? Are you lazy?

I think this LT thing is hilarious. Obviously LT fully expected BB to be in Miami hoisting a Lombardi instead of holding a clipboard in Hawaii. What a surprise! LT had no choice-he doesn't deserve props for trying to rewrite a stupid statement that not only caused a media circus but made him look like a crying fool.

Zero chance of that happening. Chargers will be yapping before the game, just like they did a couple weeks ago. Merriman will lead another "Brady sucks" chant at a public rally. During the game he will do his steroid spaz dance in Patriot players faces.

I don't understand how this would bother you since later in this post you say you are proud of your guys being "bullies". And, please, explain the "yapping" before the game that so obviously hurt your feelings. Was it the Brady sucks chant alone? Come on, give me a break. Brady is a STAR, saying he sucks doesn't change it or hurt Brady. It was a little fan pep rally, big deal! You guys can say LT sucks all you want, it's not going to hurt our feelings. Give me another example!

And if they win, they will certainly celebrate. Why the heck wouldn't they? They will have just beated a good team.

But one thing you won't see and hear is our players crying like babies to the press, and screaming like little girls on the field.

Rivers high pitched voice: "You the worst cornerback in the NFL!"

Tomlinson: "They don't respect Merriman." Like anyone outside the 619 area code does.

Little girls? Both those guys are pretty tough dudes, no way you can argue that. I think the circumstances justify both of those comments (and really, you have the Tomlinson quote a little out of context), obviously you disagree. And I think you'll find there is tremendous respect for Merriman throughout the league, including your own clubhouse. Everyone makes mistakes, we'll see if he ever does it again. I doubt it.

Hey, I'll admit our team acted like big bad bullies. I'm proud of them.

That says it all. Hypocrasy personified.

Why you seem to insist on painting your team as crybaby wusses is beyond me. If my team behaved the way yours did after a loss, I wouldn't talk about it. I'd be ashamed. But then I'm not from southern California, either.

LOL. This is rich. Painting my team as crybaby wusses? Umm, show me where I did that? And what does being in SoCal have to do with being ashamed of something or not? You, sir, seem to be something of a bigot. Now that is something to be ashamed of!

pao

Man, read the Globe. Don't read an ESPN hackjob. In case you haven't noticed, this is a Patriots site. The Patriots are located in Massachusetts. Everyone on this board has read the Globe article. It's your fault that you're not on the same page because you're relying on an ESPN hack article that's heavily redacted. This isn't secret information, you realize. Read the Globe article like the rest of us have!! We're even referencing MacMullan all over the place. What's the matter with you? Are you lazy?

I would think that ESPN is a more objective source than the local newspaper but, hey, give me a link and I'll read your article. If you have information you believe justifies your position then by all means post it. If you came over to the Chargers' board that is how I would handle it. What's the matter with you? Are you lazy?

pao

I vote we make "hypocrat" a word.

Eff him. He's had almost three weeks to fix it, and he comes out with he "may" have been wrong? That's a non-apologetic apology if I ever saw one.

Exactly bro. Hes still saying it could have been the coach, because he only "may" be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes